2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Good Car, lousy support
By SRSMartin on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Appears well made. Fun to drive. Very comfortable. Loaded with features. Whle not perfect, voice recognition orders of magnitude better than on my 2001 E320. Warning: any one who has trouble working a VCR or a home entertaniment sysem will be completely unable to operate this vehicle.

Best Car I've Ever Had
By Slumber on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had several "top" vehicles, including mercedes and cadillac. None of them beat the performance and comfort of my BMW. I alternate between this car and my SUV (another brand), but love when I sit behind the seat of this car.

BMW 745 LI
By deaddog on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Great, no problems, handles like the M5 BMW,

Happy Trails
By Jeff Dorrell on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Everyone loves it. The huge back seat has been great for larger and older passengers. The parking assistant is a great innovati

I love it so far
By SpiceIsleDoc on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It may be too early to comment, however I recently purchased this BMW, my first. Previously I was a Lexus man, and in my household we currently own 3 Lexus cars. I say all this to say that I like this car. It is more of a fun driving vehicle than any of my other cars. I feel more confident at high speeds and maneuvers. I have seen complaints about the Idrive. I have had no problems. Of course like anything new one needs to become aquatinted with new concepts, but it was not difficult and I enjoy what it allows me to do.

Fun Car To Drive
By Bob P on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Great Car To Drive

BMW 7 series rating
By 745i on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The BMW 754i gives an exhilerating sporty sensation while giving you the comfort of a large sedan.

my toy
By arzurita on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love the car, however I find getting use to the start/stop buttom takes some re-training. The same goes for the gear shift when going to park from drive or rev. Some people say the idrive is a problem. I am not what one would call a computer savvy person(61yrs. old) and have not had any problems working with it. Last week I picked up a friend from out of town after being in the car for 45min. he turn to me and said" this is the best riding car I have ever been in",(he is 59 yrs. old and I am sure he has been in a lot of cars). Needless to say I had a smile bigger then the happy face symbol on my face.

Great car to drive but major problems
By uncle george on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought an '02 with many software failures and engine that was replaced. Then got an '03 which has had transmission problems at 20,000 miles. Software and iDrive have been improved, but are still clumsy to use. You need to allow a lot of time for frequent dealer repairs.

The "quarter to eight" tops all !!
By CEO Joel on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Before I purchased the 745li BMW - I would catch myself staring at it at every dealership, as it cruised by in the freeway, or on bmw's website. I saw nothing on the road like it! Everything is is comparable - but when you see the 745 on the road - there's no mistaking it for something else. I could only imagine that all those that stare at my car are thinking the same thing as I ride pass them. The only complaint I have is that no one can keep their eyes off this vehicle.