Used 2004 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

I never thought I would own the 745i
By EK 1030

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have a 2001 740i Sport that I actually know is a great car to drive. But I experienced about 80 days in the shop for warranty work over the 3 years I owned this car with problems never seen before. It didn't stop me from buying a new one. Now I purchased a new 745i because the truth is, once you drive a BMW, it is second to none. I need to get familiar with the iDrive, but bottom line, once you get used to it it should be no problem. I opted for the comfort seats....WOW. You could take a nap if the car had auto pilot. Even though I had prolems in the past, I just love BMW's (my wife has the 2003 530i Sport w/ 5 speed! :-)

The seats, the sound system, the RIDE and the HANDLING!! BMW ... the best!!

Satellite Radio...Hmmmmm

Buyer Beware
By Gurneyman

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the 7 Series because I had good luck with my prior BMWs. The car is comfortable and the gadgets are intriging, but beware, this care is incrediby unreliable and has been in the shop almost a whole month now or for 7 visits (including 3 tow ins) to date. Also, BMW does NOT back their car, they refuse to admit there are obvious problems including electrical, ride and other problems.

The seats are incredibly comfortable.

I really think this car is way too unrelaible and BMW will not back it.

I Love This Car!
By ADRIANA

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love my 745Li. Got rid of the Benz S430. Can't compare the two. The power, comfort and tons of features......I'll keep it.

everything

none

745i - NO Fun
By Rod6327

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent handling capability BUT Not fun to drive. Try down shifting with the steering wheel button and then figuring out what gear you are in while watching the road at the same time. Every service is a multi-day ordeal and there have been too many. Uneccesary complexity, the radio is basically non-functional outside of the pre-selected stations.A real problem if you are routinely in different reception areas.

Handles like a BMW

One day service or get more help Make a usable radio I know how to work the computer and Simplify-don't like the multiple manipulastion to access the controls. Give more control to gear selection. The GPS system is not as accurate for directions as my previous 740.

Technology Falls Short
By Mark Dunham

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The voice activation doesn't work well and the electronics seem to need constant updating as the phone and navigation system don't always work properly. The steering has a vibration in the steering wheel until the low profile tires warm up, which takes about 8-10 miles of driving before this goes away. This is not what you should expect in a $70,000+ automobile.

The car handles exceptionally well on all types of roads.

BMW needs to simplify the voice activation system and correct the faulty electronics as it relates to the phone and navigation system.

• SUV