Used 2004 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

I Love This Car!
By ADRIANA

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love my 745Li. Got rid of the Benz S430. Can't compare the two. The power, comfort and tons of features......I'll keep it.

everything

none

745i - NO Fun
By Rod6327

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent handling capability BUT Not fun to drive. Try down shifting with the steering wheel button and then figuring out what gear you are in while watching the road at the same time. Every service is a multi-day ordeal and there have been too many. Uneccesary complexity, the radio is basically non-functional outside of the pre-selected stations.A real problem if you are routinely in different reception areas.

Handles like a BMW

One day service or get more help Make a usable radio I know how to work the computer and Simplify-don't like the multiple manipulastion to access the controls. Give more control to gear selection. The GPS system is not as accurate for directions as my previous 740.

Technology Falls Short
By Mark Dunham

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The voice activation doesn't work well and the electronics seem to need constant updating as the phone and navigation system don't always work properly. The steering has a vibration in the steering wheel until the low profile tires warm up, which takes about 8-10 miles of driving before this goes away. This is not what you should expect in a $70,000+ automobile.

The car handles exceptionally well on all types of roads.

BMW needs to simplify the voice activation system and correct the faulty electronics as it relates to the phone and navigation system.

Extraordinary Car
By Beemer Daddy

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love this car and everything about it. It's fast, nimble, tracks around curves like a monorail,looks great,has lots of interior room and the seats are very comfortable. As for the iDrive, I learned those functions that I want to use, like the audio controls, in minutes, and I'm one of those types who still hasn't learned to set the clock on a VCR. I drive just fine without using the techno features I don't need or want to use.

Power, comfort, great ride, quiet interior and tos of leg room, front and back.

BEST HIGHWAY AUTOMOBILE MADE
By AJ FOYT

2004 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

WE HAVE THE 2003 745LI AND 760 LI AND THEY ARE THE BEST LARGE SEDAN BMW HAS EVER MADE...........WE HAVE OWNED THEM ALL SINCE THE '80S. OUR DEALERSHIP HAS BEEN GREAT ABOUT SEVICE! NO MERCEDES FOR US, ALTHOUGH WE HAVE OWNED THOSE TOO BUT THE ARE NOT THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE. I WOULD BY ANOTHER ONE IN THE FUTURE WHEN IT IS TIME.