2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Classy Drive
By RudyG SA on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We've driven Jags, Audis, Cadillacs, and of all luxury cars, this has to be the best. The car isolates you from the roadway and road noise. Response is immediate. Blending into traffic is fun, even with those crazy drivers that are bound and determined not to let you get in front of them.

MY CAR
By Jeff Durst on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Lots of great and innovative features. Very fun to drive with great performance.

Best Car Ever
By Richard M. Wolf on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After driving Mercedes for 25 years, BMW's i-Drive convience and seat comfort caused a switch to a BMW. Euopean Delivery was a pleasure. No defects! On long trips the car leaves you relaxed and rested. The radio has a vastly extended reception range - over 250 miles for NYC local stations and great sound quality.

Technology Hell
By DSNieman on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love the road manners of the 745i. You can't beat the handeling and performance. However, the I Drive, I could do without. It's cumbersome and awkward. I would use the voice activation but it doesn't work when other people are talking in the car. The sound system is phenomenol but could BMW use an in-dash 6 disc versus a magazine? I still have not figured out how to program the key to link to my seat and radio settings. Lastly, my navigation system is not easy to use compared with Lexus and Acura. Periodically it showed me driving in water rather than land.

7 car - a driver's delight
By robert g on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

i really like the BMW 7 series repair history has been excellent so far this is my third 7-car, and my seventh BMW purchased since 1988.

Awsome
By jack kinealy on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Even though I loved the body style and the experience of previous BMW ownership I was very leary of the new "I" drive computor sytem. However after less than a weeks ownership I love this vehicle and find the I drive to be very intuitive. No problems at all. Great decision!

Great ride but I-Drive needs work
By Klaus is in the Haus on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I test drove them all and the BMW won the ride derby. No complaints there but the I-Drive interface needs work. The controls are not intuitive and this from a computer programmer! Be prepared to spend hours figuring this out. Audio controls are really minimal - e.g. no CD track titles, no fast forward, no random across multiple CD's. Page numbers in index of owner's manual are almost all wrong!

Love the new 7
By jburthunt on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Went to the Detroit Autoshow in January 2002 for the unveiling of the new 7 and loved it!! Had a 2000 740i w/sport package, traded for a 2004 745Li. Really enjoy driving this car on trips, the comfort seats are a must. The car is larger than the '00 and is more comfortable. The iDrive is easy to operate and the voice activation makes everything a breeze. The power soft close doors and trunk is great. BMW has done a great job with the new 7

Really good... but
By Ron-san on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Little things matter on a $70K vehicle and between the remote's slow response and poor range and the relatively poor snow and ice handling, I occasionally forget what I love about the car ...everything! ... I-drive requires some learning time but I disagree with the mags and Edmunds when they knock it. Driving should be serious work and instead of dangerous cell phone users and hair stylists wobbling all over the road, I'd like to see them focus on driving... which is what this car encourages, better than any of the 42 vehicles I've owned before it!

I drive is not so bad
By GER12 on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It's a great driving full size cars, it performs better than my wife's smaller Lexus which gets me sea sick from its rocking ride, we both love the bimmer and are looking to get rid of the 6 month old Lexus. The A 8 might be a contender to replace the Lexus or the another 745i and i drive only took a few days to get used to and now it simple and makes it simple because we only need to locate one button while driving.