2004 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Love it!
By sthoops on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is unbelievable! There is a lot happening with the car, but if you have the BMW Client Advisor teach you, you can learn how to use the I-Drive. Lots of leg room. I am 6'0" tall, and my husband is 6'5" and "big".Passenger room is great. The trunk is huge. Getting the sport package was a great choice. I am getting the best gas mileage.Overall...I really enjoy this car. My only complaint is that the paint stains (by dead bugs)and scratches too easily. If you can, take European delivery of your car (it's awesome). My car coming from Germany was some added fun.

refined beemer
By bear b on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

the idrive is very good / the tactile touch is a nice touch on the rotary mouse. The seats are extremely comfortable on long trips We average 26.7mpg on the road Very advanced computer interfaces best bmw yet

Delighted
By grandview on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this car with trepedation after hearing of the horrors of the I drive software system. The test drive closed the purchase. The 2004 is complicated but paatience gets you into a system that has a treasure trove of information. I like the styling and the performance of the car is just awesome with rapid acceleration and excellent gas mileage: I get 24 mpg at high speed on the highway and 20 around town. I had one fit and finish problem that was addressed by the dealer (a mismatch fit for the air vent.) The rear seat is cavernous with legroom for a Knick.

DON'T BUY THE 7 SERIES
By Jack Pancoast on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

If you travel and plan on returning to a car that unlocks at the airport, than don't buy this total cluster job! They claim to have solved the issues on this piece of junk, not the case. BMW Mobile phone still does not connect properly. Auto close trunk is not auto for the 3rd freaking time. Entire Nav screen goes into total lockup and dies. Yes the engine is great, but you don't get a chance to enjoy it, while in repair shop. Dealership is quite good, however forget about Germany helping them or any customer out with this pathetic piece of $78,000 garbage. Stay away from BMW producing disgraceful quality.

2004 745 LI
By George fromScarsdal on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased this new 2004 745 LI. I want everybody to know what a fine car is it.It is very fast, fun to drive,and if you can pay $ 80,000 for this vehicle do not hasitate! It`s worth it

poor plain Jane dashboard
By Chris Kent on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It is really a gorgeous car on the outside but they messed up the dashboard and oversimplified it they thought. The older BMW's looked great on the inside. They completely striped it all out destroyed it. Look at the interior of the 97 - 2001 740's and it has a gorgeous interior. The triptronic shifting is a joke. It is on the steering wheel. At least mercedez got it right in that department and still keep it on the stick shift lever.

BMW745I
By GARY JASTROW on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

EXCEPT FOR SOME QUIRKY PROBLEMS, THE CAR IS JUST ABOUT PERFECT. RESPONSIVE, AND SMOOTH, VERY COMFORTABLE

Luxury Learning Curve
By SteveC on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After driving Mercedes since 1985, I finally bought my first beamer. The 745i has great looks, handling, acceleration, finish... all you'd expect from a luxury sports sedan. However, why does the car's design require acknowledgment/cancellation of a disclaimer every time I start it? How many times does it take to push a button for "Park" instead of mistakingly "shifting" into reverse? How many times does it take to stop turning on the the windshield wipers when I really want to shift into reverse? Perhaps this car is really not for me -- there IS a learning curve -- and all I wanted to do is enjoy driving it.

Worst car I've owned
By billmclain on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a terrible problem plagued car. And it has awful resale.

Xanadu of performance and comfort
By jay_wock on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

First BMW and it lives up to the brand id of Ultimate Driving Machine. The thing is a delight to drive, and to ride in. Very comfortable. Technology is over the top, but very manageable, and I look forward to the improvements there (e.g. touch screen, easier to see graphics with polarized sunglasses, etc.). Haven't driven the Audi, but this thing beats the Mercedes and Lexus hands down.