Used 2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Better love the loaner
By Jim

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the 2004 because I thought the iDrive demons had been exorcised. Not so, and other recurring issues forced me to tell BMW to take the car back... and they did. During my 30 months with the car, I drove every loaner car that the dealership had. They tried to fix things but the problems wouldn't show up when the car was in their hands. When they did, they couldn't come up with permanent fixes. There is a reason the 7 series made it to #1 on Consumer Reports list of most problematic cars. I am switching to a less complicated 5 series and the first time I have to take it in for them to reload the computer... I'm done with BMW.

Cool looks, awesome rear legroom, love the steering wheel heater. Out of all the cars I've owned this one drew the most compliments from friends, family and complete strangers.

Straighten out your computer issues! Then your cars will rock!

best on the road
By b brown

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

we bought our used bmw in Dec 05 and everyday when I drive it I'm still in love. It handles like a dream and long trips are effortless. I'll never own another car!

gears, seats, huge backseat, heated seats

hook up to my mobile phone, unlock from closer range

2004 745i
By TONY S

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

What a dream car!, Looks, handling, great quality are typical of this and my previous 3 BMWs. After being inundated by all the new procedures from the starting to operating the vehicles too numerous features, I longed for the old simple Brake and gas models. But as I began to read and reread and reread I have begun to understand and use the (too many) features (most of which a normal person would never use or need needless to say understand). But from the solid door closing to the massaging seats to the sound system and the road holding traction it's a BMW. Brilliantly Manufactured Wonder. Yes! I do like my BMW.

Where do I start. Solid Body, Smooth lines, Strong engine, The feel of real control.

A more basic version, fewer bells and whistles.

Love my seven!
By Tony

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned this car for 18 months. I LOVE it. It drives like a dream and I have had no problems at all. I have the all-way adjustable seats with a/c, heating and a massage. They are the 2nd most comfortable seats I've ever driven in (next to a Toyota Land Cruiser, believe it or not). The iDrive gets loads of bad press, but it's fine. I even like it. If you are not totally tech-averse, you will not have any trouble with it. Contrary to what's written, the most frequently used controls are still available on knobs on the dash. Sound system is great, but the two CD players (one changer, one in-dash single) is perhaps a bit of overkill.

Optional fancy seats and steering heater in the winter!

Xdrive.

What a Car!
By Bruce

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After almost a year, I am still awed by this car. It strikes such a cord of delight that there are such talented designers and engineers at BMW. It nothing less than a masterpiece...

The car defines road presence...

A CD Tutorial for the iDrive.

• SUV