Used 2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

2004 745i
By TONY S

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

What a dream car!, Looks, handling, great quality are typical of this and my previous 3 BMWs. After being inundated by all the new procedures from the starting to operating the vehicles too numerous features, I longed for the old simple Brake and gas models. But as I began to read and reread and reread I have begun to understand and use the (too many) features (most of which a normal person would never use or need needless to say understand). But from the solid door closing to the massaging seats to the sound system and the road holding traction it's a BMW. Brilliantly Manufactured Wonder. Yes! I do like my BMW.

Favorite Features

Where do I start. Solid Body, Smooth lines, Strong engine, The feel of real control.

Suggested Improvements

A more basic version, fewer bells and whistles.

Love my seven!
By Tony

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned this car for 18 months. I LOVE it. It drives like a dream and I have had no problems at all. I have the all-way adjustable seats with a/c, heating and a massage. They are the 2nd most comfortable seats I've ever driven in (next to a Toyota Land Cruiser, believe it or not). The iDrive gets loads of bad press, but it's fine. I even like it. If you are not totally tech-averse, you will not have any trouble with it. Contrary to what's written, the most frequently used controls are still available on knobs on the dash. Sound system is great, but the two CD players (one changer, one in-dash single) is perhaps a bit of overkill.

Favorite Features

Optional fancy seats and steering heater in the winter!

Suggested Improvements

Xdrive.

What a Car!
By Bruce

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After almost a year, I am still awed by this car. It strikes such a cord of delight that there are such talented designers and engineers at BMW. It nothing less than a masterpiece...

Favorite Features

The car defines road presence...

Suggested Improvements

A CD Tutorial for the iDrive.

2004 vs 2003
By BMW? NEVER AGAIN

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 2003 was plagued with so many problems BMW eventually replaced it with a 2004. So far its been 10000 miles and no problems to report. I did receive a notice from BMW telling me that my 2003 (I guess they forgot they took it back)was extending its warranty to 6 years and 100000 miles, this applies to the 2002 models as well. This does not apply the 2004 model or the 2005(makes sense??)They are also offering me $1500 toward the sale or lease of a 2005 or 2006. I guess thats BMW's way of saying their sorry for all the torture they put me through---NEVER AGAIN

Best car
By Michaelb

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

Drives like a phantom or maybach.. anyone that can afford one should buy it..

Favorite Features

Just test drive it..

Suggested Improvements

None..