2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
7 car - a driver's delight
By robert g on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

i really like the BMW 7 series repair history has been excellent so far this is my third 7-car, and my seventh BMW purchased since 1988.

Love the new 7
By jburthunt on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Went to the Detroit Autoshow in January 2002 for the unveiling of the new 7 and loved it!! Had a 2000 740i w/sport package, traded for a 2004 745Li. Really enjoy driving this car on trips, the comfort seats are a must. The car is larger than the '00 and is more comfortable. The iDrive is easy to operate and the voice activation makes everything a breeze. The power soft close doors and trunk is great. BMW has done a great job with the new 7

Best Car I've Ever Had
By Slumber on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had several "top" vehicles, including mercedes and cadillac. None of them beat the performance and comfort of my BMW. I alternate between this car and my SUV (another brand), but love when I sit behind the seat of this car.

Happy Trails
By Jeff Dorrell on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Everyone loves it. The huge back seat has been great for larger and older passengers. The parking assistant is a great innovati

BMW 745 LI
By deaddog on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Great, no problems, handles like the M5 BMW,

Fun Car To Drive
By Bob P on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Great Car To Drive

my toy
By arzurita on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love the car, however I find getting use to the start/stop buttom takes some re-training. The same goes for the gear shift when going to park from drive or rev. Some people say the idrive is a problem. I am not what one would call a computer savvy person(61yrs. old) and have not had any problems working with it. Last week I picked up a friend from out of town after being in the car for 45min. he turn to me and said" this is the best riding car I have ever been in",(he is 59 yrs. old and I am sure he has been in a lot of cars). Needless to say I had a smile bigger then the happy face symbol on my face.

The "quarter to eight" tops all !!
By CEO Joel on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Before I purchased the 745li BMW - I would catch myself staring at it at every dealership, as it cruised by in the freeway, or on bmw's website. I saw nothing on the road like it! Everything is is comparable - but when you see the 745 on the road - there's no mistaking it for something else. I could only imagine that all those that stare at my car are thinking the same thing as I ride pass them. The only complaint I have is that no one can keep their eyes off this vehicle.

Bug Alert
By Bummed BMW Buyer on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

If you happen to get one which has some sort of bug in the complex computer system which runs the vehicle, you are doomed. I have had the same problems over and over again. Faults in the airbag/restriant system keep occuring. Something is draining on the battery and keeps shutting the car down such that interior lights dont work, the convenience package portion stops working, CD's keep shuffling through the changer and starting at the 1st CD every time, etc. Things have a mind of their own and reset themselves constantly. The bells and whistles don't work half the time. My advice, the vehicle is not worth the money they are charging.

We've got 2 and love them both
By AaronRBose on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We've got two 745Li's loaded with every available option except the sport package and adaptive ride package. Car is absolutely amazing - definetely worth the $90K each of them were. Absolutely fantastic cars that look and handle great - iDrive is very easy, even for my computer illiterate grandparents. If you're going to spend the $$, this is the car!