Used 2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

I Love This Car!
By ADRIANA

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love my 745Li. Got rid of the Benz S430. Can't compare the two. The power, comfort and tons of features......I'll keep it.

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

none

Technology Falls Short
By Mark Dunham

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The voice activation doesn't work well and the electronics seem to need constant updating as the phone and navigation system don't always work properly. The steering has a vibration in the steering wheel until the low profile tires warm up, which takes about 8-10 miles of driving before this goes away. This is not what you should expect in a $70,000+ automobile.

Favorite Features

The car handles exceptionally well on all types of roads.

Suggested Improvements

BMW needs to simplify the voice activation system and correct the faulty electronics as it relates to the phone and navigation system.

Extraordinary Car
By Beemer Daddy

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love this car and everything about it. It's fast, nimble, tracks around curves like a monorail,looks great,has lots of interior room and the seats are very comfortable. As for the iDrive, I learned those functions that I want to use, like the audio controls, in minutes, and I'm one of those types who still hasn't learned to set the clock on a VCR. I drive just fine without using the techno features I don't need or want to use.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, great ride, quiet interior and tos of leg room, front and back.

The Ultimate Driving Machine...IReally!
By Lawyerman

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I extensively tested and researched the Mercedes S500, Audi A8, the Lexus LS430 and the BMW 745LI. This car clearly surpasses them all. Forget about what they say that the command control is confusing. I'm no technophile, but I mastered it in less than 10 minutes. This car comes with dozensmore features than the Mercedes and is less money. The Lexus is nice, but it is not a beast on wheels like the BMW. I use to teach Police Officers High Speed Pursuit driving so I know performance when I drive it. This car is simply the best. It combines the best of everything, luxury and high performance into one cool package.

Favorite Features

Active cruise control, navigation system, command system, Logic 7 surround system, active headlights (great for curvy roads, awesome seats fit for a king,convience package...everything!

Suggested Improvements

Make the A/C so you can control both driver and passenger temps with one control instead of individually.

Paul's Appraisal
By Paul Reed

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned 1998 and a 1999 740il, an x5 SUV, and this 745IL exceeds all in comfort, performance and luxury. It is a fine driving machine. The i-drive is a little difficult to get used to but it provides all data and settings required. If this were a hotel it'd be rated 5 star..

Favorite Features

The door lock and flasher light switch has been moved onto dash from the console.. now the dog can't lock door or turn on flashers by stepping on them.

Suggested Improvements

Simplify the i-drive.