2004 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
The Best
By hwstatus on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The best luxury sedan around. The I- drive system and voice recognizer system are superb. Tremendous room in rear. Car handles like a sports car.

Nice Car
By drmabogo on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had the car for 3 wks. I love it. The I drive is easy to learn and use. No other luxary sedan drives as well. The ride has more smile factor than the Mercedes, Audi, and Lexus.

great auto
By rmm on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

best luxuary auto i have owned, first bmw always have had s series mb

I never thought I would own the 745i
By EK 1030 on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have a 2001 740i Sport that I actually know is a great car to drive. But I experienced about 80 days in the shop for warranty work over the 3 years I owned this car with problems never seen before. It didn't stop me from buying a new one. Now I purchased a new 745i because the truth is, once you drive a BMW, it is second to none. I need to get familiar with the iDrive, but bottom line, once you get used to it it should be no problem. I opted for the comfort seats....WOW. You could take a nap if the car had auto pilot. Even though I had prolems in the past, I just love BMW's (my wife has the 2003 530i Sport w/ 5 speed! :-)

Buyer Beware
By Gurneyman on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the 7 Series because I had good luck with my prior BMWs. The car is comfortable and the gadgets are intriging, but beware, this care is incrediby unreliable and has been in the shop almost a whole month now or for 7 visits (including 3 tow ins) to date. Also, BMW does NOT back their car, they refuse to admit there are obvious problems including electrical, ride and other problems.

I Love This Car!
By ADRIANA on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love my 745Li. Got rid of the Benz S430. Can't compare the two. The power, comfort and tons of features......I'll keep it.

745i - NO Fun
By Rod6327 on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent handling capability BUT Not fun to drive. Try down shifting with the steering wheel button and then figuring out what gear you are in while watching the road at the same time. Every service is a multi-day ordeal and there have been too many. Uneccesary complexity, the radio is basically non-functional outside of the pre-selected stations.A real problem if you are routinely in different reception areas.

Technology Falls Short
By Mark Dunham on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The voice activation doesn't work well and the electronics seem to need constant updating as the phone and navigation system don't always work properly. The steering has a vibration in the steering wheel until the low profile tires warm up, which takes about 8-10 miles of driving before this goes away. This is not what you should expect in a $70,000+ automobile.

BEST HIGHWAY AUTOMOBILE MADE
By AJ FOYT on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

WE HAVE THE 2003 745LI AND 760 LI AND THEY ARE THE BEST LARGE SEDAN BMW HAS EVER MADE...........WE HAVE OWNED THEM ALL SINCE THE '80S. OUR DEALERSHIP HAS BEEN GREAT ABOUT SEVICE! NO MERCEDES FOR US, ALTHOUGH WE HAVE OWNED THOSE TOO BUT THE ARE NOT THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE. I WOULD BY ANOTHER ONE IN THE FUTURE WHEN IT IS TIME.

Extraordinary Car
By Beemer Daddy on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love this car and everything about it. It's fast, nimble, tracks around curves like a monorail,looks great,has lots of interior room and the seats are very comfortable. As for the iDrive, I learned those functions that I want to use, like the audio controls, in minutes, and I'm one of those types who still hasn't learned to set the clock on a VCR. I drive just fine without using the techno features I don't need or want to use.