2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Car Phone didn't activiate
By RLCPAPC on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2004 silver metallic 745i with a phone that won't activate. The dealer give me a new one and it works now. Stereo is great but don't have XM. Haven't tried Sirius yet. Seats are very comfortable and am finally getting used to all the controls. I like this car.

poor plain Jane dashboard
By Chris Kent on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It is really a gorgeous car on the outside but they messed up the dashboard and oversimplified it they thought. The older BMW's looked great on the inside. They completely striped it all out destroyed it. Look at the interior of the 97 - 2001 740's and it has a gorgeous interior. The triptronic shifting is a joke. It is on the steering wheel. At least mercedez got it right in that department and still keep it on the stick shift lever.

Luxury Learning Curve
By SteveC on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After driving Mercedes since 1985, I finally bought my first beamer. The 745i has great looks, handling, acceleration, finish... all you'd expect from a luxury sports sedan. However, why does the car's design require acknowledgment/cancellation of a disclaimer every time I start it? How many times does it take to push a button for "Park" instead of mistakingly "shifting" into reverse? How many times does it take to stop turning on the the windshield wipers when I really want to shift into reverse? Perhaps this car is really not for me -- there IS a learning curve -- and all I wanted to do is enjoy driving it.

BMW745I
By GARY JASTROW on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

EXCEPT FOR SOME QUIRKY PROBLEMS, THE CAR IS JUST ABOUT PERFECT. RESPONSIVE, AND SMOOTH, VERY COMFORTABLE

Classy Drive
By RudyG SA on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We've driven Jags, Audis, Cadillacs, and of all luxury cars, this has to be the best. The car isolates you from the roadway and road noise. Response is immediate. Blending into traffic is fun, even with those crazy drivers that are bound and determined not to let you get in front of them.

Best Car Ever
By Richard M. Wolf on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After driving Mercedes for 25 years, BMW's i-Drive convience and seat comfort caused a switch to a BMW. Euopean Delivery was a pleasure. No defects! On long trips the car leaves you relaxed and rested. The radio has a vastly extended reception range - over 250 miles for NYC local stations and great sound quality.

MY CAR
By Jeff Durst on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Lots of great and innovative features. Very fun to drive with great performance.

Technology Hell
By DSNieman on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love the road manners of the 745i. You can't beat the handeling and performance. However, the I Drive, I could do without. It's cumbersome and awkward. I would use the voice activation but it doesn't work when other people are talking in the car. The sound system is phenomenol but could BMW use an in-dash 6 disc versus a magazine? I still have not figured out how to program the key to link to my seat and radio settings. Lastly, my navigation system is not easy to use compared with Lexus and Acura. Periodically it showed me driving in water rather than land.

Awsome
By jack kinealy on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Even though I loved the body style and the experience of previous BMW ownership I was very leary of the new "I" drive computor sytem. However after less than a weeks ownership I love this vehicle and find the I drive to be very intuitive. No problems at all. Great decision!

Great ride but I-Drive needs work
By Klaus is in the Haus on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I test drove them all and the BMW won the ride derby. No complaints there but the I-Drive interface needs work. The controls are not intuitive and this from a computer programmer! Be prepared to spend hours figuring this out. Audio controls are really minimal - e.g. no CD track titles, no fast forward, no random across multiple CD's. Page numbers in index of owner's manual are almost all wrong!