2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
I love this car
By passion4play on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

When my lease on my Mercedes S430 expired I wasn't sure on whether or not to get another one. I drove the 745Li and fell in love. It handles like a dream and extremely powerful. But I cannot compare the comfort to anything I have ever sat in before. I got the comfort seating package and I almost want to sleep in this car.

should have bought a lexus.....
By bmdoublepooh on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Horrible experience. Salesperson did not know her product. Car did not live up to my expectations, check engine light eternally on, engine misses at 25-35 mph. Service only temporarily fixes problem then comes back within days. BMW should be ashamed. Should have bought a Lexus like all my associates did.

Best In Class
By bmw30 on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After driving all the contenders, including the Jag XJ, Audi A8, LS430 and of course the Merc S, nothing makes as strong a statement as this one. Unbeatable drive and handling, smooth, beautiful, kicks the hell out of anything in its league. Only qualms are there are still some electronic glitches

Love it!
By sthoops on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is unbelievable! There is a lot happening with the car, but if you have the BMW Client Advisor teach you, you can learn how to use the I-Drive. Lots of leg room. I am 6'0" tall, and my husband is 6'5" and "big".Passenger room is great. The trunk is huge. Getting the sport package was a great choice. I am getting the best gas mileage.Overall...I really enjoy this car. My only complaint is that the paint stains (by dead bugs)and scratches too easily. If you can, take European delivery of your car (it's awesome). My car coming from Germany was some added fun.

refined beemer
By bear b on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

the idrive is very good / the tactile touch is a nice touch on the rotary mouse. The seats are extremely comfortable on long trips We average 26.7mpg on the road Very advanced computer interfaces best bmw yet

Delighted
By grandview on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this car with trepedation after hearing of the horrors of the I drive software system. The test drive closed the purchase. The 2004 is complicated but paatience gets you into a system that has a treasure trove of information. I like the styling and the performance of the car is just awesome with rapid acceleration and excellent gas mileage: I get 24 mpg at high speed on the highway and 20 around town. I had one fit and finish problem that was addressed by the dealer (a mismatch fit for the air vent.) The rear seat is cavernous with legroom for a Knick.

DON'T BUY THE 7 SERIES
By Jack Pancoast on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

If you travel and plan on returning to a car that unlocks at the airport, than don't buy this total cluster job! They claim to have solved the issues on this piece of junk, not the case. BMW Mobile phone still does not connect properly. Auto close trunk is not auto for the 3rd freaking time. Entire Nav screen goes into total lockup and dies. Yes the engine is great, but you don't get a chance to enjoy it, while in repair shop. Dealership is quite good, however forget about Germany helping them or any customer out with this pathetic piece of $78,000 garbage. Stay away from BMW producing disgraceful quality.

2004 745 LI
By George fromScarsdal on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased this new 2004 745 LI. I want everybody to know what a fine car is it.It is very fast, fun to drive,and if you can pay $ 80,000 for this vehicle do not hasitate! It`s worth it

Worst car I've owned
By billmclain on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a terrible problem plagued car. And it has awful resale.

Xanadu of performance and comfort
By jay_wock on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

First BMW and it lives up to the brand id of Ultimate Driving Machine. The thing is a delight to drive, and to ride in. Very comfortable. Technology is over the top, but very manageable, and I look forward to the improvements there (e.g. touch screen, easier to see graphics with polarized sunglasses, etc.). Haven't driven the Audi, but this thing beats the Mercedes and Lexus hands down.