Used 2004 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Ride is Tops
By newportjim11

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this certified used car with 22K miles. Never disappoints. I put 25K miles per year and this car makes it worth it. I get home without being beaten up.

Handling. Ride. Seat comfort.

The nav system.

Nice Ride, but....
By NormDePlume

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love driving this car - my 2nd Bimmer. That I can't get CD track titles to display has been driving me nuts for three years. I see the new 7 series has fixed this, and some other iDrive related short comings. Too bad they can't make those changes on the one I already own.

Ride, audio, comfort! and fuel economy (relative to comparables).

Blue tech diesel wagon version? Better fuel economy. Better visibility to the rear. (Can't parallel park in the city without the Park Assist.) Another inch of ground clearance on the front bumper to spare it in suburban parking lots.

A Rock with 4 doors
By joneboyy

2004 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

I think this is a close as it gets! This is my 4th 7 since 1985, they keep getting better. My last 745i 02 was crap and couldn't wait to get rid of it. This V-12 flies and get great mileage for such a huge G-force power plant. This 7 never breaks & the dealer gives me a free 7 loaner when I go for regular maintenance. The iDrive is the best part and I feel like I'm on the couch when driving. I can't wait for the new 2009 models and style with power plant improvements. I have the 100K extended warranty and only pay tires. I get looks all the time with black on black with black tinted windows. Thanks BMW.

The iDrive, active cruise control, heat/a-c, great seats, cooler in back, The v- 12 sucks me into the seat when I have it on sport mode transmission. Low profile 7 series tire hug the road.

Give me more trunk room and twin turbo V-12 in 2009. That's it.

Better love the loaner
By Jim

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the 2004 because I thought the iDrive demons had been exorcised. Not so, and other recurring issues forced me to tell BMW to take the car back... and they did. During my 30 months with the car, I drove every loaner car that the dealership had. They tried to fix things but the problems wouldn't show up when the car was in their hands. When they did, they couldn't come up with permanent fixes. There is a reason the 7 series made it to #1 on Consumer Reports list of most problematic cars. I am switching to a less complicated 5 series and the first time I have to take it in for them to reload the computer... I'm done with BMW.

Cool looks, awesome rear legroom, love the steering wheel heater. Out of all the cars I've owned this one drew the most compliments from friends, family and complete strangers.

Straighten out your computer issues! Then your cars will rock!

best on the road
By b brown

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

we bought our used bmw in Dec 05 and everyday when I drive it I'm still in love. It handles like a dream and long trips are effortless. I'll never own another car!

gears, seats, huge backseat, heated seats

hook up to my mobile phone, unlock from closer range