2004 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Not worth the extra $$$$$
By Tommy Freeze on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 4th BMW first was the 535, X5, 740IL and now the 740i sport.at first it seemed like a dream car..then it snowed.NY to CT 12 hours...untill the $1950.00 set of snows..the first problem started with the faulty air bag light..2 days in the shop 3 times..no clue..now the light is off.hope the Air bag works if I am in a Crash. Blew to tires no aparent reason the tech at BMW Bridgeport said..the breaks locked up on a turn because I hit them to hard.two months later and $1600 lighter in the pocked hit a pot hole on the merrit pkwy.to get in and out of I am 6'5 230lbs in great shape,around the turns does not hold on 0-60 slow 60 - 100 not bad.

Dream On Wheels
By Ezpimpin on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

By far the most intense vehichle i have ever driven. This car is a pleasure to drive everytime i get the chance. Performs at a level, that i believe to be, far superior to its competitors. A definate 10....

Shock
By Troy A. N. on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle is dynamic it grips the road like no other I've ever driven before. The engine reacts to the slightest touch of the pedal andits over all ride on a long trip second to none.

Fine Auto
By rldearmond on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Have only put 1900 miles on the 745i since purchasing but can honestly say it's an incredible driving machine. i-Drive took less than a week to master. It's not for everyone but I find having all my controls in one central location a plus. Would recommend the 745i, a true drivers car.

I never thought I would own the 745i
By EK 1030 on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have a 2001 740i Sport that I actually know is a great car to drive. But I experienced about 80 days in the shop for warranty work over the 3 years I owned this car with problems never seen before. It didn't stop me from buying a new one. Now I purchased a new 745i because the truth is, once you drive a BMW, it is second to none. I need to get familiar with the iDrive, but bottom line, once you get used to it it should be no problem. I opted for the comfort seats....WOW. You could take a nap if the car had auto pilot. Even though I had prolems in the past, I just love BMW's (my wife has the 2003 530i Sport w/ 5 speed! :-)

Buyer Beware
By Gurneyman on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the 7 Series because I had good luck with my prior BMWs. The car is comfortable and the gadgets are intriging, but beware, this care is incrediby unreliable and has been in the shop almost a whole month now or for 7 visits (including 3 tow ins) to date. Also, BMW does NOT back their car, they refuse to admit there are obvious problems including electrical, ride and other problems.

745i - NO Fun
By Rod6327 on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent handling capability BUT Not fun to drive. Try down shifting with the steering wheel button and then figuring out what gear you are in while watching the road at the same time. Every service is a multi-day ordeal and there have been too many. Uneccesary complexity, the radio is basically non-functional outside of the pre-selected stations.A real problem if you are routinely in different reception areas.

Would change it for the world
By Chris Wardak on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My first BMW 745. My previous car was a volvo S80 and I can't even compare them. The German engineering is astounding. Road handling and performance is at its best when you're driving this car. Yepp I'm a techy geek and love the computerized interior. The car basically purrrsss and I sometime can't even tell if it's running. Every part of this car comfortable from the look, feel, and use. I'm hoping my car could the new 645ci. If not, I'm definitely getting another 745 at a minimum.

I like it
By Repoman777 on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 4th BMW and by far the best. I also own MB E class but I like the 745i better. The computer display could be improved to a more logical layout. It has too many things all over the place and could be organized in a more meaningful way. The parking distance and navigation system did not appeal to me that much. The performance and the head turning factor is tremendous.

Surprisingly Bug Free
By Joe Jensen on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was hesitant to trade my 2001 740iL for the newer model (E65) after reading about all the issues with the 2002 and 2003 model years. The leasing incentives were just to good to pass up so I made the move. In a word, I'm thrilled. This car is more nimble, quicker, handles better, brakes better, and rides better than my 2001. I'm still not crazy about the styling, but I'm willing to live with it to get all the other improvements. My 2001 was in the shop 5 or 7 times in the first 6 months for minor issues. I've had this car for 2 months with zero issues and I'm really picky. I think they have the issues resolved for the 2004s...joe