Used 2004 BMW 7 Series 745i Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Performance and Luxury
By dejoyf

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Car is fun to drive, powerful and comfortable. The performance is outstanding with great power, braking, and safety features. The luxury features are fun and convenient, especially if you have to commute to work every day. It's nice to be able to make calls, flip through satellite radio, or relax in quiet.

Power, luxury (iDrive, sat radio, phone), appearance.

Folding side mirrors for parking.

Nice Ride, but....
By NormDePlume

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love driving this car - my 2nd Bimmer. That I can't get CD track titles to display has been driving me nuts for three years. I see the new 7 series has fixed this, and some other iDrive related short comings. Too bad they can't make those changes on the one I already own.

Ride, audio, comfort! and fuel economy (relative to comparables).

Blue tech diesel wagon version? Better fuel economy. Better visibility to the rear. (Can't parallel park in the city without the Park Assist.) Another inch of ground clearance on the front bumper to spare it in suburban parking lots.

2004 745i
By TONY S

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

What a dream car!, Looks, handling, great quality are typical of this and my previous 3 BMWs. After being inundated by all the new procedures from the starting to operating the vehicles too numerous features, I longed for the old simple Brake and gas models. But as I began to read and reread and reread I have begun to understand and use the (too many) features (most of which a normal person would never use or need needless to say understand). But from the solid door closing to the massaging seats to the sound system and the road holding traction it's a BMW. Brilliantly Manufactured Wonder. Yes! I do like my BMW.

Where do I start. Solid Body, Smooth lines, Strong engine, The feel of real control.

A more basic version, fewer bells and whistles.

Love my seven!
By Tony

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned this car for 18 months. I LOVE it. It drives like a dream and I have had no problems at all. I have the all-way adjustable seats with a/c, heating and a massage. They are the 2nd most comfortable seats I've ever driven in (next to a Toyota Land Cruiser, believe it or not). The iDrive gets loads of bad press, but it's fine. I even like it. If you are not totally tech-averse, you will not have any trouble with it. Contrary to what's written, the most frequently used controls are still available on knobs on the dash. Sound system is great, but the two CD players (one changer, one in-dash single) is perhaps a bit of overkill.

Optional fancy seats and steering heater in the winter!

Xdrive.

Enjoying 7 Series but...
By Carmen Miranda

Long time BMW owner. First time a 7
series owner and loving it.
Performance, style, power, comfort are
wonderous. However, computer keeps
shorting out causing it to be in
the 'shop' 2 times in last 4 months.
Overall, just as long as BMW corrects
problem and gives me a free loaner
car...am satisfied, for now.

Handling, power and comfort.

Improve on computer/electronics reliability.