Used 2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li Sedan Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Liked all the loaner cars!
By marali

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Loved the car at the dealer but spent most of the 10 months of ownership driving loaners since it was in the shop most of the time. In over 7 times for 14 different problems in 10 months. Warranty covered it all but have since filed a lemon law claim and am trading it in as soon as we settle. I was a big Japanese car fan for 15 years due to reliability and husband has been a BMW owner for 20 years but now we are running back to the Japanese cars. Don't buy this car unless you want to try all the BMW loaners out there and hope your dealership has really good snacks and coffee cause you will practically live there, that is, if they CAN schedule you in for service.

Design of exterior, seat comfort, large trunk. Exterior safety lighting.

Don't make them if your service men can't fix them. Maybe school would help. Drop the model till the bugs are all out.

Ride is Tops
By newportjim11

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this certified used car with 22K miles. Never disappoints. I put 25K miles per year and this car makes it worth it. I get home without being beaten up.

Handling. Ride. Seat comfort.

The nav system.

Better love the loaner
By Jim

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the 2004 because I thought the iDrive demons had been exorcised. Not so, and other recurring issues forced me to tell BMW to take the car back... and they did. During my 30 months with the car, I drove every loaner car that the dealership had. They tried to fix things but the problems wouldn't show up when the car was in their hands. When they did, they couldn't come up with permanent fixes. There is a reason the 7 series made it to #1 on Consumer Reports list of most problematic cars. I am switching to a less complicated 5 series and the first time I have to take it in for them to reload the computer... I'm done with BMW.

Cool looks, awesome rear legroom, love the steering wheel heater. Out of all the cars I've owned this one drew the most compliments from friends, family and complete strangers.

Straighten out your computer issues! Then your cars will rock!

best on the road
By b brown

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

we bought our used bmw in Dec 05 and everyday when I drive it I'm still in love. It handles like a dream and long trips are effortless. I'll never own another car!

gears, seats, huge backseat, heated seats

hook up to my mobile phone, unlock from closer range

What a Car!
By Bruce

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After almost a year, I am still awed by this car. It strikes such a cord of delight that there are such talented designers and engineers at BMW. It nothing less than a masterpiece...

The car defines road presence...

A CD Tutorial for the iDrive.