Used 2004 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Will do it again!
By BMW Fan

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned many BMW's as a young man starting with 323i coupe, 325ix wagon, Z3, Z4, 528i, 535is, 540i, 740i, 740il and now a 2004 745i. BMW's are well made as evidenced by my 745i. I have all of the options you can possibly get including air and massage front seats. The car handles extremely well especially on long road trips. The idrive could be improved as it is a little slow to respond but intuitive if you're comfortable with computers. I know the 2009 have better lines and I wouldn't mind getting a new one but not yet.

Favorite Features

Performance, front and rear seats, safety, safety.

Suggested Improvements

A more responsive idrive.

Great Cars!!!
By BMW man

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I own a Z4 and 530 but obviously this is my absolute favorite. This car is powerful but a bit touchy on take off but very smooth when switching gears. All of the options are a bit confusing at first but now I like them. I get more than enough looks and comments when I drive it. I'm 6'5" and 240 lbs and this vehicle adjusts to my size very easily with more than enough fun and comfortable features. If you want something to brag about and be admired, this is the car for you!!!

Favorite Features

The 20 way seats with the massager is really comfortable. Engine is very quiet and responsive with fair gas mileage 23 MPG (what can you expect from a 330 HP V8). Finally, the voice command with all the useful menu's to help while driving. Great stuff!!

Suggested Improvements

Obviously, things have changed but easier radio controls, more default setting to customize exactly what I want. Brighter fog lamps and better seal in the sunroof when closed (can't hear much when shade is closed but can when shade is open).

Liked all the loaner cars!
By marali

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Loved the car at the dealer but spent most of the 10 months of ownership driving loaners since it was in the shop most of the time. In over 7 times for 14 different problems in 10 months. Warranty covered it all but have since filed a lemon law claim and am trading it in as soon as we settle. I was a big Japanese car fan for 15 years due to reliability and husband has been a BMW owner for 20 years but now we are running back to the Japanese cars. Don't buy this car unless you want to try all the BMW loaners out there and hope your dealership has really good snacks and coffee cause you will practically live there, that is, if they CAN schedule you in for service.

Favorite Features

Design of exterior, seat comfort, large trunk. Exterior safety lighting.

Suggested Improvements

Don't make them if your service men can't fix them. Maybe school would help. Drop the model till the bugs are all out.

WOW
By MyFirstBmw

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I'm not usually the type to go online and post reviews but this BMW has compelled me to do so. This is my 1st BMW and I am blown away! It's the most intelligent car that I've every experienced. This car has brought the "fun" back to driving. Driving to me used to be a chore. Now I look forward to getting behind the wheel. I bought a preowned 2004 745i and it has all bells and whistles (19" rims - sports package, satellite radio, heated/ventilated seats, soft close doors, adaptive cruise control, etc.). I am now a BMW lover. I initially planned on purchasing a Mercedes Benz S500 but I'm so glad I went with this. No problems thus far.

Favorite Features

I'm a techie so I love the iDrive. My 745i also has a lot of "get up and go". I love the "curb appeal" this car has. A perfect stranger walked up to me at a gas station and told me that this car really makes a statement. That's BMW for you!

Suggested Improvements

I like how you can open all windows and sunroof via the remote. I wish you could close them via the remote, instead of having to put in key in door and turn. Small enhancement though.

Performance and Luxury
By dejoyf

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Car is fun to drive, powerful and comfortable. The performance is outstanding with great power, braking, and safety features. The luxury features are fun and convenient, especially if you have to commute to work every day. It's nice to be able to make calls, flip through satellite radio, or relax in quiet.

Favorite Features

Power, luxury (iDrive, sat radio, phone), appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Folding side mirrors for parking.