Used 2004 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

A real road car
By John

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I initially shopped for a car based on the needs of my back problems. The BMW 7 was and still is the most comfortable auto I have ever driven. I drive between Chicago area and Orlando, FL several times a year. I can drive straight thru and feel like I drove a couple hours. If I leave with a full tank of gas I only have to stop once for fuel on the 1,100 mile trip. This car is the greatest car I have ever owned. I am just about out of my 100,000 mile warranty and hope for many more years of trouble free performance. I would love a 2010 model, but I really love this one.

Multi-position seats, solid feel of the car, spacious interior, great gas mileage.

Too many duplicate gizmos, including CD's, phone keypad. Radio seek button should be on the steering wheel, improve the finish of the trim that peels off around the interior of the doors, raise car a couple inches so you don't drag on every parking block, allow front seats more travel backward.

Best 7 ever
By JimK

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is phenomenal experience in handling, comfort and reliability. This is my third 7 series and typically I only keep the for 3 to 4 years. They keep getting better and the 2010 on order.

Handling smoothness of the engine.

iDrive

Will do it again!
By BMW Fan

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned many BMW's as a young man starting with 323i coupe, 325ix wagon, Z3, Z4, 528i, 535is, 540i, 740i, 740il and now a 2004 745i. BMW's are well made as evidenced by my 745i. I have all of the options you can possibly get including air and massage front seats. The car handles extremely well especially on long road trips. The idrive could be improved as it is a little slow to respond but intuitive if you're comfortable with computers. I know the 2009 have better lines and I wouldn't mind getting a new one but not yet.

Performance, front and rear seats, safety, safety.

A more responsive idrive.

Great Cars!!!
By BMW man

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I own a Z4 and 530 but obviously this is my absolute favorite. This car is powerful but a bit touchy on take off but very smooth when switching gears. All of the options are a bit confusing at first but now I like them. I get more than enough looks and comments when I drive it. I'm 6'5" and 240 lbs and this vehicle adjusts to my size very easily with more than enough fun and comfortable features. If you want something to brag about and be admired, this is the car for you!!!

The 20 way seats with the massager is really comfortable. Engine is very quiet and responsive with fair gas mileage 23 MPG (what can you expect from a 330 HP V8). Finally, the voice command with all the useful menu's to help while driving. Great stuff!!

Obviously, things have changed but easier radio controls, more default setting to customize exactly what I want. Brighter fog lamps and better seal in the sunroof when closed (can't hear much when shade is closed but can when shade is open).

Liked all the loaner cars!
By marali

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Loved the car at the dealer but spent most of the 10 months of ownership driving loaners since it was in the shop most of the time. In over 7 times for 14 different problems in 10 months. Warranty covered it all but have since filed a lemon law claim and am trading it in as soon as we settle. I was a big Japanese car fan for 15 years due to reliability and husband has been a BMW owner for 20 years but now we are running back to the Japanese cars. Don't buy this car unless you want to try all the BMW loaners out there and hope your dealership has really good snacks and coffee cause you will practically live there, that is, if they CAN schedule you in for service.

Design of exterior, seat comfort, large trunk. Exterior safety lighting.

Don't make them if your service men can't fix them. Maybe school would help. Drop the model till the bugs are all out.