2004 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Ride is Tops
By newportjim11 on 08/28/07 20:46 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this certified used car with 22K miles. Never disappoints. I put 25K miles per year and this car makes it worth it. I get home without being beaten up.

Nice Ride, but....
By NormDePlume on 07/08/07 19:52 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love driving this car - my 2nd Bimmer. That I can't get CD track titles to display has been driving me nuts for three years. I see the new 7 series has fixed this, and some other iDrive related short comings. Too bad they can't make those changes on the one I already own.

A Rock with 4 doors
By joneboyy on 05/07/07 18:55 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

I think this is a close as it gets! This is my 4th 7 since 1985, they keep getting better. My last 745i 02 was crap and couldn't wait to get rid of it. This V-12 flies and get great mileage for such a huge G-force power plant. This 7 never breaks & the dealer gives me a free 7 loaner when I go for regular maintenance. The iDrive is the best part and I feel like I'm on the couch when driving. I can't wait for the new 2009 models and style with power plant improvements. I have the 100K extended warranty and only pay tires. I get looks all the time with black on black with black tinted windows. Thanks BMW.

Better love the loaner
By Jim on 09/09/06 21:10 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the 2004 because I thought the iDrive demons had been exorcised. Not so, and other recurring issues forced me to tell BMW to take the car back... and they did. During my 30 months with the car, I drove every loaner car that the dealership had. They tried to fix things but the problems wouldn't show up when the car was in their hands. When they did, they couldn't come up with permanent fixes. There is a reason the 7 series made it to #1 on Consumer Reports list of most problematic cars. I am switching to a less complicated 5 series and the first time I have to take it in for them to reload the computer... I'm done with BMW.

best on the road
By b brown on 06/03/06 21:25 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

we bought our used bmw in Dec 05 and everyday when I drive it I'm still in love. It handles like a dream and long trips are effortless. I'll never own another car!

2004 745i
By TONY S on 01/23/06 21:36 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

What a dream car!, Looks, handling, great quality are typical of this and my previous 3 BMWs. After being inundated by all the new procedures from the starting to operating the vehicles too numerous features, I longed for the old simple Brake and gas models. But as I began to read and reread and reread I have begun to understand and use the (too many) features (most of which a normal person would never use or need needless to say understand). But from the solid door closing to the massaging seats to the sound system and the road holding traction it's a BMW. Brilliantly Manufactured Wonder. Yes! I do like my BMW.

Love my seven!
By Tony on 12/08/05 16:10 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned this car for 18 months. I LOVE it. It drives like a dream and I have had no problems at all. I have the all-way adjustable seats with a/c, heating and a massage. They are the 2nd most comfortable seats I've ever driven in (next to a Toyota Land Cruiser, believe it or not). The iDrive gets loads of bad press, but it's fine. I even like it. If you are not totally tech-averse, you will not have any trouble with it. Contrary to what's written, the most frequently used controls are still available on knobs on the dash. Sound system is great, but the two CD players (one changer, one in-dash single) is perhaps a bit of overkill.

What a Car!
By Bruce on 01/08/05 19:02 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After almost a year, I am still awed by this car. It strikes such a cord of delight that there are such talented designers and engineers at BMW. It nothing less than a masterpiece...

2004 vs 2003
By BMW? NEVER AGAIN on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 2003 was plagued with so many problems BMW eventually replaced it with a 2004. So far its been 10000 miles and no problems to report. I did receive a notice from BMW telling me that my 2003 (I guess they forgot they took it back)was extending its warranty to 6 years and 100000 miles, this applies to the 2002 models as well. This does not apply the 2004 model or the 2005(makes sense??)They are also offering me $1500 toward the sale or lease of a 2005 or 2006. I guess thats BMW's way of saying their sorry for all the torture they put me through---NEVER AGAIN

Best car
By Michaelb on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

Drives like a phantom or maybach.. anyone that can afford one should buy it..