Used 2004 BMW 7 Series 760Li Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

A Rock with 4 doors
By joneboyy

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

I think this is a close as it gets! This is my 4th 7 since 1985, they keep getting better. My last 745i 02 was crap and couldn't wait to get rid of it. This V-12 flies and get great mileage for such a huge G-force power plant. This 7 never breaks & the dealer gives me a free 7 loaner when I go for regular maintenance. The iDrive is the best part and I feel like I'm on the couch when driving. I can't wait for the new 2009 models and style with power plant improvements. I have the 100K extended warranty and only pay tires. I get looks all the time with black on black with black tinted windows. Thanks BMW.

Favorite Features

The iDrive, active cruise control, heat/a-c, great seats, cooler in back, The v- 12 sucks me into the seat when I have it on sport mode transmission. Low profile 7 series tire hug the road.

Suggested Improvements

Give me more trunk room and twin turbo V-12 in 2009. That's it.

Best car
By Michaelb

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

Drives like a phantom or maybach.. anyone that can afford one should buy it..

Favorite Features

Just test drive it..

Suggested Improvements

None..

BMW, You've done it this time!!
By 760Li and 745i

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

When the wife and I went shopping for our new cars, she thought she was coming home with the 760Li, well ha, that was for me, she got the entry level 745i. I had a 1999 S320 and she had a 2001 Audi A8. The BMW 7-series is the top of the line, I kind of like it better than the Rolls Royce I test drove, yes I like it better... My daughter and son took both cars to prom and they said their friends just fell in love with it. So did the whole family. There is really no words for it. I was going to purchase the 2004 Mercedes Benz S500 AMG but this caught my eye, my 760Li is a deep deep red and the wife's is just plain old black.

Favorite Features

Like the way you start it up, shift gears, the iDrive, Seat ventilators, and MY V12 Engine. I live in Pittsburgh, PA and the V12 does more than serve me good on the Parkway.

Suggested Improvements

Separate the Windshield wipers from the Gear shifter (little too close). Body side moldings would be nice, but who am I to complain, oh yes my wallet is the one to complain. payments on the 760 is well over 2 grand and on teh 745 well over 2 grand also! BUT BMW you are the BEST!!!!

Thank you BMW!!
By R. Davis

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

I just love my BMW 760Li, It's a fun car to drive, sporty and luxurious!! But it does put a dent in your wallet. I got every option in my 760 and it all topped out at $119,800. My Wife has the Mercedes Benz S500AMG, and I must say the BMW is a whole lot better. It is a gass guzzler though< MERCIFUL!! I'm already used to the iDrive, I don't know why everyone is complaining about it!! If your not ready for a techological challenge, then don't buy the damn car!! Oops sorry!! but it's the truth! I have a silver on black 760Li, and I must say it gets alot of looks.

Favorite Features

Ventiliated Seats iDrive THE WHOLE CAR!!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing Really!! Well gas mileage but what do you expect with such a big car and a V12 6.0 Liter V12!!

BEST HIGHWAY AUTOMOBILE MADE
By AJ FOYT

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

WE HAVE THE 2003 745LI AND 760 LI AND THEY ARE THE BEST LARGE SEDAN BMW HAS EVER MADE...........WE HAVE OWNED THEM ALL SINCE THE '80S. OUR DEALERSHIP HAS BEEN GREAT ABOUT SEVICE! NO MERCEDES FOR US, ALTHOUGH WE HAVE OWNED THOSE TOO BUT THE ARE NOT THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE. I WOULD BY ANOTHER ONE IN THE FUTURE WHEN IT IS TIME.