Used 2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li Sedan Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

2016--This BMW 7 Series is The King of the Road!!!
By Matthew Tison

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I will NOW only OWN a BMW for the rest of my life!!! I recently purchased this Great Condition Used BMW--745 Li Automatic on Dec. 20th! Merry Christmas to ME! I got a fair price and it only had 51,000 Miles on it! So far I have a mechanic change the oil w/Full Synthetic and I only USE 91 Premium Gas from Chevron and it drives like an absolute GEM! I mean it's nearing 2016, that means this vehicle is 12 years old! It's NICER, ROOMIER, and Better Equiped than any LATE Model American Car. I'm SOLD on German/European Engineering! My Mechanic looks it over and he drives a 7 Series! He said, Matt this is a GEM!
Smooth, Seamless shifting on acceleration, and AMAZING Power! Pure Comfort for me and my guest in the front and in the Rear! My 11 year old daughter sits in the back at times w/a friend and says, "Dad, it's like a Living Room back here!"
Amazing electronics, Amazing unparalleled POWER, Simply put--It's truly "The Ultimate Driving Machine"
I just bought Bridgestone Blizzak Snow Tires and put 2 sand bags in the rear trunk and it's better than a 4 wheel drive truck I used to own!

WOW--I'll NEVER drive another vehicle. Thank you BMW and the owner that took care of this previous to me!

Big Mechanical Waste
By Patrick wheat

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

bought this car for my wife and what a waste of space. transmission, head gaskets, sensors galore. bought is used and it spent 3 out of the first 5 months in the shop. i will never buy another bmw again. worst of all this site does not reflect what i here from every other mechanic and 2004 bmw 7 owner. shame on edmunds and to anyone looking at this car please please please look else where.

"TOP GUN BMW"
By skala57

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car used 2 year ago with about 45k on the clock. Since then I've done regular maintanance, nothing else. This car has been solid as a rock. Best BMW i've ever owned and I've owned a lot of them. IDRIVE is not that hard to get, works like a charm when you know how to use it. Navi is great and all electronics are up to par. I've tried Lexus, Infiniti, audi and benz, and the only close thing to the Bmw is the Audi. The Idrive is just the same as the MMI in Audi and the Benz version. They all have there quarks. The Lexus is even worse and less intuitive. All I can say is so far I've been overly impressed with this Bavarian Auto. Handles like a little car in a big body. A+++++

PDC control display, smooth tranny, engine, smooth ride! Cooled and heated seats + massage seats! Everything is Perfect!!!

Add the middle shifter back in the car....

A real road car
By John

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I initially shopped for a car based on the needs of my back problems. The BMW 7 was and still is the most comfortable auto I have ever driven. I drive between Chicago area and Orlando, FL several times a year. I can drive straight thru and feel like I drove a couple hours. If I leave with a full tank of gas I only have to stop once for fuel on the 1,100 mile trip. This car is the greatest car I have ever owned. I am just about out of my 100,000 mile warranty and hope for many more years of trouble free performance. I would love a 2010 model, but I really love this one.

Multi-position seats, solid feel of the car, spacious interior, great gas mileage.

Too many duplicate gizmos, including CD's, phone keypad. Radio seek button should be on the steering wheel, improve the finish of the trim that peels off around the interior of the doors, raise car a couple inches so you don't drag on every parking block, allow front seats more travel backward.

Best 7 ever
By JimK

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is phenomenal experience in handling, comfort and reliability. This is my third 7 series and typically I only keep the for 3 to 4 years. They keep getting better and the 2010 on order.

Handling smoothness of the engine.

iDrive