Used 2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

"TOP GUN BMW"
By skala57

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car used 2 year ago with about 45k on the clock. Since then I've done regular maintanance, nothing else. This car has been solid as a rock. Best BMW i've ever owned and I've owned a lot of them. IDRIVE is not that hard to get, works like a charm when you know how to use it. Navi is great and all electronics are up to par. I've tried Lexus, Infiniti, audi and benz, and the only close thing to the Bmw is the Audi. The Idrive is just the same as the MMI in Audi and the Benz version. They all have there quarks. The Lexus is even worse and less intuitive. All I can say is so far I've been overly impressed with this Bavarian Auto. Handles like a little car in a big body. A+++++

PDC control display, smooth tranny, engine, smooth ride! Cooled and heated seats + massage seats! Everything is Perfect!!!

Add the middle shifter back in the car....

A real road car
By John

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I initially shopped for a car based on the needs of my back problems. The BMW 7 was and still is the most comfortable auto I have ever driven. I drive between Chicago area and Orlando, FL several times a year. I can drive straight thru and feel like I drove a couple hours. If I leave with a full tank of gas I only have to stop once for fuel on the 1,100 mile trip. This car is the greatest car I have ever owned. I am just about out of my 100,000 mile warranty and hope for many more years of trouble free performance. I would love a 2010 model, but I really love this one.

Multi-position seats, solid feel of the car, spacious interior, great gas mileage.

Too many duplicate gizmos, including CD's, phone keypad. Radio seek button should be on the steering wheel, improve the finish of the trim that peels off around the interior of the doors, raise car a couple inches so you don't drag on every parking block, allow front seats more travel backward.

Best 7 ever
By JimK

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is phenomenal experience in handling, comfort and reliability. This is my third 7 series and typically I only keep the for 3 to 4 years. They keep getting better and the 2010 on order.

Handling smoothness of the engine.

iDrive

Liked all the loaner cars!
By marali

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Loved the car at the dealer but spent most of the 10 months of ownership driving loaners since it was in the shop most of the time. In over 7 times for 14 different problems in 10 months. Warranty covered it all but have since filed a lemon law claim and am trading it in as soon as we settle. I was a big Japanese car fan for 15 years due to reliability and husband has been a BMW owner for 20 years but now we are running back to the Japanese cars. Don't buy this car unless you want to try all the BMW loaners out there and hope your dealership has really good snacks and coffee cause you will practically live there, that is, if they CAN schedule you in for service.

Design of exterior, seat comfort, large trunk. Exterior safety lighting.

Don't make them if your service men can't fix them. Maybe school would help. Drop the model till the bugs are all out.

Ride is Tops
By newportjim11

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this certified used car with 22K miles. Never disappoints. I put 25K miles per year and this car makes it worth it. I get home without being beaten up.

Handling. Ride. Seat comfort.

The nav system.