2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
"TOP GUN BMW"
By skala57 on 05/13/11 13:00 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car used 2 year ago with about 45k on the clock. Since then I've done regular maintanance, nothing else. This car has been solid as a rock. Best BMW i've ever owned and I've owned a lot of them. IDRIVE is not that hard to get, works like a charm when you know how to use it. Navi is great and all electronics are up to par. I've tried Lexus, Infiniti, audi and benz, and the only close thing to the Bmw is the Audi. The Idrive is just the same as the MMI in Audi and the Benz version. They all have there quarks. The Lexus is even worse and less intuitive. All I can say is so far I've been overly impressed with this Bavarian Auto. Handles like a little car in a big body. A+++++

A real road car
By John on 11/12/09 05:16 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I initially shopped for a car based on the needs of my back problems. The BMW 7 was and still is the most comfortable auto I have ever driven. I drive between Chicago area and Orlando, FL several times a year. I can drive straight thru and feel like I drove a couple hours. If I leave with a full tank of gas I only have to stop once for fuel on the 1,100 mile trip. This car is the greatest car I have ever owned. I am just about out of my 100,000 mile warranty and hope for many more years of trouble free performance. I would love a 2010 model, but I really love this one.

Best 7 ever
By JimK on 09/24/09 23:03 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is phenomenal experience in handling, comfort and reliability. This is my third 7 series and typically I only keep the for 3 to 4 years. They keep getting better and the 2010 on order.

Liked all the loaner cars!
By marali on 12/07/07 18:28 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Loved the car at the dealer but spent most of the 10 months of ownership driving loaners since it was in the shop most of the time. In over 7 times for 14 different problems in 10 months. Warranty covered it all but have since filed a lemon law claim and am trading it in as soon as we settle. I was a big Japanese car fan for 15 years due to reliability and husband has been a BMW owner for 20 years but now we are running back to the Japanese cars. Don't buy this car unless you want to try all the BMW loaners out there and hope your dealership has really good snacks and coffee cause you will practically live there, that is, if they CAN schedule you in for service.

Ride is Tops
By newportjim11 on 08/28/07 20:46 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this certified used car with 22K miles. Never disappoints. I put 25K miles per year and this car makes it worth it. I get home without being beaten up.

Better love the loaner
By Jim on 09/09/06 21:10 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the 2004 because I thought the iDrive demons had been exorcised. Not so, and other recurring issues forced me to tell BMW to take the car back... and they did. During my 30 months with the car, I drove every loaner car that the dealership had. They tried to fix things but the problems wouldn't show up when the car was in their hands. When they did, they couldn't come up with permanent fixes. There is a reason the 7 series made it to #1 on Consumer Reports list of most problematic cars. I am switching to a less complicated 5 series and the first time I have to take it in for them to reload the computer... I'm done with BMW.

best on the road
By b brown on 06/03/06 21:25 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

we bought our used bmw in Dec 05 and everyday when I drive it I'm still in love. It handles like a dream and long trips are effortless. I'll never own another car!

What a Car!
By Bruce on 01/08/05 19:02 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After almost a year, I am still awed by this car. It strikes such a cord of delight that there are such talented designers and engineers at BMW. It nothing less than a masterpiece...

2004 vs 2003
By BMW? NEVER AGAIN on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 2003 was plagued with so many problems BMW eventually replaced it with a 2004. So far its been 10000 miles and no problems to report. I did receive a notice from BMW telling me that my 2003 (I guess they forgot they took it back)was extending its warranty to 6 years and 100000 miles, this applies to the 2002 models as well. This does not apply the 2004 model or the 2005(makes sense??)They are also offering me $1500 toward the sale or lease of a 2005 or 2006. I guess thats BMW's way of saying their sorry for all the torture they put me through---NEVER AGAIN

nice car
By americo j 8888 on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I think this is the must intelligent car i have driven,i mean,come on, even if you dont close the door all the way the car will do it for you,(no kidding) the power is awesome,the fine details of comfort from head rest that"huges" your neck to a/c on the seat,are small "human" needs that makes this car not wanting to get off. this car got my big "thumps up".is a bit intimidating at first with so much technology at your finger tips but once you get used to,the car becomes "an excuse" to get out and drive.