2004 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Amazing Driving Experience
By tarek307 on 02/23/12 00:51 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

i must say, i was worried about getting a 745li, knowing all the issues those cars sometimes have. But i've really had no issues, & value wise, even if i get issues, its ok. This car is a true drivers car, has that amazing heavy yet sporty infamous BMW feel to the max! Its a pleasure driving this baby..feels nothing like the big huge sedan it is.

No Longevity Here
By mylast7 on 09/12/11 15:07 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After coming off 315K miles on a 1992 BMW 735i, we were anxious to have a newer version. Interior trim is cheap, as noted by kick panels and sill plate's "interior colored coverings" coming off to reveal a different color underneath. Don't touch the sill plates with your shoes! Car has 85K on it and has had 2 fuel pumps replaced within 100 miles of each other ($1,283.82). Newer BMWs apparently had numerous fuel pump issues. Suspension components, per the dealer, are worn and leaking and need replcement, note these are non-serviceable components. Front thrust rod bushings needed for $1062.46; and rear wisbones need replacement for $1,075. So much for the "driving machine" they taut.

"TOP GUN BMW"
By skala57 on 05/13/11 13:00 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car used 2 year ago with about 45k on the clock. Since then I've done regular maintanance, nothing else. This car has been solid as a rock. Best BMW i've ever owned and I've owned a lot of them. IDRIVE is not that hard to get, works like a charm when you know how to use it. Navi is great and all electronics are up to par. I've tried Lexus, Infiniti, audi and benz, and the only close thing to the Bmw is the Audi. The Idrive is just the same as the MMI in Audi and the Benz version. They all have there quarks. The Lexus is even worse and less intuitive. All I can say is so far I've been overly impressed with this Bavarian Auto. Handles like a little car in a big body. A+++++

A real road car
By John on 11/12/09 05:16 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I initially shopped for a car based on the needs of my back problems. The BMW 7 was and still is the most comfortable auto I have ever driven. I drive between Chicago area and Orlando, FL several times a year. I can drive straight thru and feel like I drove a couple hours. If I leave with a full tank of gas I only have to stop once for fuel on the 1,100 mile trip. This car is the greatest car I have ever owned. I am just about out of my 100,000 mile warranty and hope for many more years of trouble free performance. I would love a 2010 model, but I really love this one.

Best 7 ever
By JimK on 09/24/09 23:03 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is phenomenal experience in handling, comfort and reliability. This is my third 7 series and typically I only keep the for 3 to 4 years. They keep getting better and the 2010 on order.

Will do it again!
By BMW Fan on 06/27/09 16:53 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned many BMW's as a young man starting with 323i coupe, 325ix wagon, Z3, Z4, 528i, 535is, 540i, 740i, 740il and now a 2004 745i. BMW's are well made as evidenced by my 745i. I have all of the options you can possibly get including air and massage front seats. The car handles extremely well especially on long road trips. The idrive could be improved as it is a little slow to respond but intuitive if you're comfortable with computers. I know the 2009 have better lines and I wouldn't mind getting a new one but not yet.

Great Cars!!!
By BMW man on 02/16/09 21:47 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I own a Z4 and 530 but obviously this is my absolute favorite. This car is powerful but a bit touchy on take off but very smooth when switching gears. All of the options are a bit confusing at first but now I like them. I get more than enough looks and comments when I drive it. I'm 6'5" and 240 lbs and this vehicle adjusts to my size very easily with more than enough fun and comfortable features. If you want something to brag about and be admired, this is the car for you!!!

Liked all the loaner cars!
By marali on 12/07/07 18:28 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Loved the car at the dealer but spent most of the 10 months of ownership driving loaners since it was in the shop most of the time. In over 7 times for 14 different problems in 10 months. Warranty covered it all but have since filed a lemon law claim and am trading it in as soon as we settle. I was a big Japanese car fan for 15 years due to reliability and husband has been a BMW owner for 20 years but now we are running back to the Japanese cars. Don't buy this car unless you want to try all the BMW loaners out there and hope your dealership has really good snacks and coffee cause you will practically live there, that is, if they CAN schedule you in for service.

WOW
By MyFirstBmw on 10/16/07 08:45 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I'm not usually the type to go online and post reviews but this BMW has compelled me to do so. This is my 1st BMW and I am blown away! It's the most intelligent car that I've every experienced. This car has brought the "fun" back to driving. Driving to me used to be a chore. Now I look forward to getting behind the wheel. I bought a preowned 2004 745i and it has all bells and whistles (19" rims - sports package, satellite radio, heated/ventilated seats, soft close doors, adaptive cruise control, etc.). I am now a BMW lover. I initially planned on purchasing a Mercedes Benz S500 but I'm so glad I went with this. No problems thus far.

Performance and Luxury
By dejoyf on 09/03/07 08:41 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Car is fun to drive, powerful and comfortable. The performance is outstanding with great power, braking, and safety features. The luxury features are fun and convenient, especially if you have to commute to work every day. It's nice to be able to make calls, flip through satellite radio, or relax in quiet.