2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
BMW's Flagship Sedan
By The Real BMW on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

This car is the best I have ever had! I have recently had a Mercedes-Benz S500 and personally I think the 7 has much more in luxury and performance. This really is the best!

Awful vehicle, worse service
By Rfreundmd on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

fuel pump goes at two weeks, electronics go at 2 months, transmission problems at 4months, front window with stress fracture at 5 months, computer updates, tires blow at one year at 2am- 24 hour roadside assistance is not available until 10 Am. Dealership could not care less!!! Buy Japanese.

The Car From Hell
By snookered on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

RUN away from this vehicle. Fast. I have had the misfortune of having 2 745i's, when my dealer replaced my 2002 745i with a 2003 model. The first one was in the shop 7 times in 6 mos. The second one in shop 3 times in 1 mo. It was the most absurd, frustrating & disappointing experience ever with a new car. Tomorrow is my last day of having this car. My dealer is taking it back. As much as I loved it, it was totally unreliable. Quality control stinks. Not only were there problems with the electronics, but mechanical problems as well. Towed twice to my dealer. SAVE YOURSELF AGGRAVATION. GET SOMETHING ELSE.

2nd Go Around
By BMW777 on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We initially leased a very early production 2002 745i. It was the first one available at the BMW Center locally and not really my favorite color (Black Sapphire Metallic). It had many of the problems everyone has heard about. We loved the interior of the car, just not the color as much and especially not the problems. So we visited Global Imports in Atlanta who gave us a more than fair trade in price for the 2002 and we left with a 2002 in the color which is our favorite (Alpine White w/Flannel Gray Leather Interior). This one has been trouble free and a pleasure to drive. Once you learn to use the controversial I Drive, it's a blast to operate.

Hi Tech Fun
By sandhobo on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Drives more like a sports car than any other luxury sedan. Great acceleration and braking. Has all thwe comforts one would want.

BMW 745I THROW IN THE TOWEL. 2003 STINKS
By Tim Docken on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it. Germany leaves USA dealerships completely in the cold. My dealership tried like hell to fix this car nearly 1 week per month 4 months. FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE TO WORK ON OR FIX THIS NEW BMW. SOFTWARE IS AN ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE. Any adjustment to the seats,,automatically shoots the headrests to highest electric position. GLITCHES GALORE. KEYFOBS GO DEAD. SCREEN GOES TOTALLY DEAD. RADIO Will NOT SHUTOFF,EVEN WITH NO KEY IN IGNITION. AUTO TRUNK MOTOR BURNT OUT TWICE!! 15,000 MILES AND AN UTTER HUNK OF JUNK. USA DEALER was great however. BMW absolutely has to scrap this LEMON.

BMW 7 Series
By VVV on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is an awesome car. I have 19inch summer tires and 18inch winter tires. The iDrive navigation system works great, easy to use and precise. Overall this car is the highlight of the neighbourhood and when on the road it catches everyones attention n I love it.

Best Car Ever
By Johney on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

its the best car you can drive. its fun to dirve, fast, and looks great.

The Best Car In The World
By Mazen/M2M on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

The Best Car In The World

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By buttondown on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Credit Chris Bangle for taking risks. From the inside, this car is more involving and rewarding than any I've owned. The performance is enjoyable. The styling, while controversial, is a differentiator. Whenever I go out to my garage, I enjoy looking at such a unique, distinctive vehicle. I think it looks better in darker colors than lighter, but there is a 745Li at the garage I park at that is attractive. Bottom line - you will not be disappointed by this great car.