2003 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Great Car
By MikieV on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

With 8 months and 14K miles on my '03 745LI I must say that this car is still growing on me. I have not had even a little problem develop-the car has been flawless. It is a thrill to drive. Its hard to imagine a better sedan - except for a 760 which might be my next car when this lease is up. IDrive is now second nature for me but it did take about 3 months to get totally used to it.

Ultimate Paradox
By Steveh on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car is a dream to drive . The workmanship on the car is definitely substandard and the electronics are woeful. Every repair has either been completely ineffective in remedying my problem or has created some new problem the dealer can't figure out. Strongly recommend anyone thinking about purchasing this car get detailed information about the dealership(s) srevice department, since you'll be spending quite a bit of time there. I live in an area with only one BMW dealer in a 100 mild radius and the service department has been incompetent and as user unfriendly as the car.

Bravo BMW!!!
By Russell Housen on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After owning many BMW's this is by far the most elegant and fun to drive. When compared to the Mercedes S500 and I'm sorry but therewas NO comparison! The Mercedes was uninspiring and boring. True the gadgets in the Bimmer take some getting used to, it did not take much time and the rewards are plentiful. My friends are in awe of this automobile, it is time to take the automobile into the next century and I applaude BMW for being at the forefront. Those who critize have'nt spent the time to master the technology. After watching the video and working with the electronics driving this car is once again a very enjoyable experience. The car is also beautiful!

Big car that drives like a sports car...
By lc18_58 on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The engine is simply amazing. Power on the freeway is effortless. Sometimes I can't even tell that I'm going 85-90! Because it's very easy to go fast. I have a 45 minute comute to work and I use to hate it, BEFORE I bought this car. It has brought the FUN back into driving for me. The logic 7 sound system is a must, you won't regret it. The ventilated seats is an great feature, since it's now impossible to sweat on the leather anymore. And the exterior styling is very noticable. Believe me, this car turns a lot of heads. Yes, BMW was right... it is truly the ULTIMATE driving machine!

A good car.
By googie on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a very nice car. It has an incredible drive! Has a few little bugs, it seems BMW has not quite gotten everything sorted out but overall is a real gem. Beats the S500 and Lexus 400 completely.

Livin' For The Shop...
By CAJ on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

With over 50+ days (in less than 1 year) spent in the shop...I'm settled to driving my 80k dollar 3 series loaner. This car cannot be fixed and would look better painted yellow. Having owned 2 prior 7's, I expected a great reliable car. This car is a warranty shops dream. No mortal man can afford one when it goes out of warranty. Best advice...DON'T EVEN TAKE A TEST DRIVE!

Fine Car
By Ggood68 on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a fine car. I have owned a few different 5 series and have enjoyed them all. This car is special, not a beauty when you first see it, but it does grow on you once you drive it. The i drive have been very reliable and intuitive for me. The quality of the acceleration and ride are amazing for a car of this size.

Excellent automobile
By YĆ©pez on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

When I'm bored on the weekends, I sit for hours on end in my 745Li. Everything in the cockpit gives me a sense of accomplishment. The 745Li is a refined automobile; I had the 740iL, and power delivery is much smoother. You can really feel BMW's adaptive ride control/roll stabilization on clover-shaped onramps. Power can be applied at will.

BMW has done it again
By Dr. G on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

This is the one of the ultimate luxury sedans available today. Currently own a 2003 S600 and 2003 CL600, and this is nearly on par with the benzes. Workmanship is above-par by all means. Though not as quick as the Mercedes, this machine delivers stunning performance, and handles the roads like a jewel. The iDrive for front and rear is very unique, and this car clearly defines modern luxury. The Benz is a tad more plush, but for sveral thousand less, the BMW is by far a great car. If one desires an extra touch of classic refinement with all of the BMW's characteristics, look at the Benz, but by all means consider this car.

My first BMW in 15 years
By Marty Freifeld on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I like top of the line large German sedans. For the part 15 years I have driven Mercedes and Audi. I wanted a car with performance, handling , and luxery that mede a statement - and was at the leading edge of design. This BMW fit the bill - no longer is it behind the big Mercedes in solidity, performance, and was ALWAYS ahead in handling. I love this car.