2003 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Don't Believe All That You Read
By Robfisher03 on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The much maligned iDrive is a marvel. It has a learning curve of course. It combined with the active cruise control make for a pleasant and SAFE vehicle with performance and handling to set the standard for all other cars.

The Ultimate Batmobile
By pistorp on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Just a really great travel car. We drive 700 miles with our 3-year old son and we are not even tired. Incredible performance, a greaty interior and so many super gadgets, I think it's my best car ever

Problems, less than 30 days into car
By mochamix on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The "rankings" they ask for do not allow for functional problems to be addressed. I have had this car for less than 30 days and I already have a message telling me that the restraint system (of all things, safety) isn't working! Air bags and seat belts... While it is a pleasure to drive this car in general and all "expected", it is only the ultimate HANDLING vehicle, not the ultimate DRIVING vehicle as it has nothing on driving a cadillac down the coast as far as comfort goes...BMW should take note of how cadillac masters luxury DRIVING especially at the price they are asking for the 745s.

BMW 745
By Kobe on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

EVERY FUN TO DRIVE AWESOME CAR OVERALL

So Much Fun!!
By UTFan on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car is unbelievably fun to drive. Handles beautifully. We have had some problems getting our phone to work. Been back to the dealer 3 times and still are having problems. The other problem is that the vehicle is so fun to drive that I do not care about the phone situation. VERY fast and handles VERY well...and oh the looks that it gets. I am afraid that we are going to cause an accident.

this car is ahead of its time
By All M on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is not for the simple minded person. this car made me injoy driving like when I was in my teens.

nice beamer
By Daniel Edrei on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a luxury sedan that thinks it's a two seater italian job. Handles like a dream. The only indication you will feel that you are turning a hairpin at 60 is your hair flipping sides. Pick up like a jet liner. Super high tech in the most ergonomical fashion imaginable. The manual clutchless transmission on I had a 740 before my 'quarter-to- eight' and it doesn't even remotely compare. Did I mention I'm impressed.

This is a truly amazing car
By BMW745Li on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've heard the rumors that the technology is way too complicated but believe me it only takes a few hours to learn everything that this car has to offer and thats alot of stuff!

The iDrive sucks, BMW, Never again.
By S.H. on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The designers for the iDrive and the ofiicials at the BMW design center must be on drugs to think that iDrive is a good idea for the ultimate driving machine. It is a nonfunctional electronic trouble making disaster.

My worst nightmare!
By bogiedreamer on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is the worst mistake I have ever made. The car has been at the shop 5 times in 7 months. The electrical system is a total joke. I am trying sell trade in this piece of junk ASAP. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.