Used 2003 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW 7 Series

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Dream Come True
By jimbomac

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 745i is a dream come true. Wanted a 7-series since 1986. Love it. Had a problem with the autmatic trunk lock, but that was fixed. Love the iDrive and have pretty much mastered it after 2 hours of "playing." Did I mention this car is now my hobby since I am devoid of dough? It drives wonderful, handles like my MGB from college days. I always loved the new look. Everything I expected it to be and more!!

Favorite Features

Sport Package gives a super feel witht he sport steering wheel and seats. Sport suspension sticks to the pavement.

Suggested Improvements

Built in radar detector. More voice commands.

my toy
By arzurita

2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best car I've ever own. I can't wait for the weekend to get out on the road. It is a pleasure to drive. Iam 61 yrs. old and computers are not my specialty, but I have no problem using the IDrive. I don't know what all the fuss is about. I highly recomend this car.

Favorite Features

Everthing, it's heard to pick one over another.

Suggested Improvements

The shift lever and wiper lever are to close together. may conceder moving the wiper to the other side.

It's a Love Hate
By JWG

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

Having owned a 750il and a 840ci, and now with a '03 760 li, I feel I can speak to BMW cars. I've owned S class Mercedes between then. The '03 760 li has been a near disaster since delivery- - out of round tires,engine hesitation and cut outs. This problem will show up on most new 7 cars eventually. The pre 9/03 760 productions don't even have the ability to have satellite radio installation (or retrofit)-- an asinine oversight in a car of this price. As I've said with the V12 BMW's- when they run right they are a dream, when they don't they are a melting dreamsicle.

Favorite Features

Cockpit features are absolutely the best. The navigation system is cumbersome to operate and unreliable.

Suggested Improvements

BMW- Get your software engineers to update throttle control modules immediately. To date there is no available software update. The euro car settings are not working in the US.

pauls review
By paul fitch

2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am 55 years old and have had many cars but I have never had a car as nice as this one it runs and handles beautifully I will always now be a BMW person I love this car

Favorite Features

The ride and the handling are my favorites

Suggested Improvements

you cant improve on perfection

Best car for performance/comfort
By BMW Enthusiast

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Owned 5 Series and recently upgraded to 7 series...If you want performance and luxury, there is no other car.