2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
# 1
By MASHI on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

GOOD FOR THE $$$$

Amazing
By dlinca on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Picked the car up in Munich and it founds its way through Germany, France and Austria. Amazingly stable, smooth and secure on the autobahn. Excellent ride; quiet, comfortable. Very nble for its size. Looked strange at first; now looks stylish and distinctive, with comments from strangers on what a beautiful car it is. But mostly, the joy is in the driving.

Run don't walk from this disappointment
By TagAxle on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was leary about the 745 from the 2002 reviews but thought that all the computer glithches would have been resolved by 2003--No such luck--My vehicle is again at dealer to fix the gremlins of the I DRIVE--intermittent problems persist with phone,navigation and tire pressure systems--Now a recall for more software updates for rough idling--

believe what people are telling you abou
By wishI hadn't on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I also got one of the early models. Had tremendous number of problems. The dealership could never fix them. I just traded it in on a Mercedes S class and they gave me $50K trade in due to all the problems...they know noone wants the car.

Driving Excellence
By BobnNan on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is our first BMW and we really love it. We previously drove a 1998 Jaguar VDP and while it was a good performer it lacked comfort and was totally useless in the snow. Before purchasing the 745Li we looked at the new Jaguar XJ and the Mercedes S500. I liked the style of the Jag and the Mercedes better than the BMW but for handling, features and comfort the BMW came out leaps and bounds ahead. So far it has been a great driving experience!

7 series is great!
By sharpe411 on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just leased a 745i and the interior of this car is like nothing I have ever seen. Although the exterior takes a little getting used to, the car is an amazing ride. The fuel economy is somewhat of a problem as every time I fill the tank it costs me $50. However, overall,this car is great

Concerned over interior.
By JJR919 on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The 735I in grey insisde has problems with the plastic trim on the doors. The color peeled of for no aparent reason. I recomend any new buyer to pay for the extra special fornt seats. The standard seats are not as comfortable and the hight of the head rest cannot be regulated at will. The car drives beautiful even at very high speeds 120mph+. However, I nted it has a tendency to skid in very tight curves, the type you found in European mountains.

The Ultimate Batmobile
By pistorp on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Just a really great travel car. We drive 700 miles with our 3-year old son and we are not even tired. Incredible performance, a greaty interior and so many super gadgets, I think it's my best car ever

By Thomas Wartenberg on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great handling car, but much too complicated to drive. I have had several near accidents trying to use the seat adjusments, nav suuystem, etc. It's going to be traded for an A 8, ASAP

745Li 2003
By JeffAA on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

the car is great. Have a 96 750IL and this blows the doors off it.