Used 2003 BMW 7 Series 745i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

this car is ahead of its time
By All M

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is not for the simple minded person. this car made me injoy driving like when I was in my teens.

All the unconventional.

The front seat head rest got to stop moving on its own

nice beamer
By Daniel Edrei

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a luxury sedan that thinks it's a two seater italian job. Handles like a dream. The only indication you will feel that you are turning a hairpin at 60 is your hair flipping sides. Pick up like a jet liner. Super high tech in the most ergonomical fashion imaginable. The manual clutchless transmission on I had a 740 before my 'quarter-to- eight' and it doesn't even remotely compare. Did I mention I'm impressed.

Looks of intrigue or envy from other vehicles in traffic.

Built in radar.

Ultimate Paradox
By Steveh

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car is a dream to drive . The workmanship on the car is definitely substandard and the electronics are woeful. Every repair has either been completely ineffective in remedying my problem or has created some new problem the dealer can't figure out. Strongly recommend anyone thinking about purchasing this car get detailed information about the dealership(s) srevice department, since you'll be spending quite a bit of time there. I live in an area with only one BMW dealer in a 100 mild radius and the service department has been incompetent and as user unfriendly as the car.

Design, seats, engine

More attention to quality of construction and electronics. Get electronics to work like the engine.

Big car that drives like a sports car...
By lc18_58

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The engine is simply amazing. Power on the freeway is effortless. Sometimes I can't even tell that I'm going 85-90! Because it's very easy to go fast. I have a 45 minute comute to work and I use to hate it, BEFORE I bought this car. It has brought the FUN back into driving for me. The logic 7 sound system is a must, you won't regret it. The ventilated seats is an great feature, since it's now impossible to sweat on the leather anymore. And the exterior styling is very noticable. Believe me, this car turns a lot of heads. Yes, BMW was right... it is truly the ULTIMATE driving machine!

Performance, handling, ventilated leather seats, logic 7 sound system, park distance control.

iDrive does take a while to get use too, so it could've been a little more user friendly.

A good car.
By googie

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a very nice car. It has an incredible drive! Has a few little bugs, it seems BMW has not quite gotten everything sorted out but overall is a real gem. Beats the S500 and Lexus 400 completely.

Handling, speed, comfort

I drive is very easy and intuitive but has bugs which can be annoying.