Used 2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Driving my 745Li
By betty

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The driving of this vehicle is smooth, sound and fast. the turning power of sharp turns is incredible and the brake system allows you to stop on a dime. The extra large rear is great for passengers, who can extend their legs and feel comfortable. The drawback, too many bells and whistles. Give me a radio that I can operate like the less expensive cars. The navigation system is definetly a no-no, hard to operate, In the time it takes to set your destination you can call a friend to give you directions,which is less nerve wracking and quicker. Improvement needed on this issue. The car is great otherwise.

PIERO ORIOLO
By 4 dr 745 li

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I'm a driver, I love cars, and I love quality and performance, this is one of the best sedan that i had, has better performance, excellent comfort, beautiful seats, holds road in curve. The only thing, I would like more space for cup holder, better navigation system, and definitely move the stick shift back to the console. I like the 0 maintenance.

Favorite Features

Seat comfort, back seats and middle console, the wide wheels, little lights on door handles, road handling.

Suggested Improvements

More cup holder room, move the stick shift back to the console.

Owner review
By Richard

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Imagine on a 36 month lease, shop time in excess of 45 days! One and half months out of 36! Three days to "re- program" the computer, replacement parts always available, but not the same day. Two repairs to the trunk lid, an engine hood that doesn't stay open. This was my second 7 series car and a total disappointment relative to reliability. After the dealership initiated a daily rate for a loaner car I chose to take my business elsewhere. Imagine paying for a loaner for the second repair to a warrantee covered item - on a car in this price range.

Favorite Features

Ride and driver comfort is very high. A very strong and very smooth drive train. Velvet shifting.

Suggested Improvements

Style is personal, but rear is awful to me. Computer is a sick joke. Interior is a bit sparce.

Never again
By NEVER AGAIN

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Each required visit to the dealer for repair results in having to return to have at least 2 additional items corrected. Idiot drive aside, safety issues are of primary concern. 4 months for BMW to figure out they had to replace the modual that controls the remote key (Plastic emergency key required to open a $85,000 car). Intermitant operation of headlights and tail lights. Engine goes into idle mode at the slightest touch of break pedal. I thought the 2000 S-430 was trouble prone but would gladly trade back. The 745LI is my wifes car which I have limited her use to daylight driving only. For security reasons, she drives our Expedition or Town car when venturing out after dark.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, panic stops and rear leg room.

Suggested Improvements

GO BACK TO THE BASICS. Bells and whistles are no substitute for reliability.

fantastic vehicle
By g peters

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this 2003 745LI for $52,500 and it was a steal. I felt like I was robbing the dealership. I love this car and baby it to the utmost. (car cover) I spent $43 on my first fill-up that will certainly cure my speed demons. Great vehicle and I couldn't be happier!

Favorite Features

massaging seats...air-conditioned seats the ride

Suggested Improvements

voice system could use improvement and navigation