2003 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Fine Car
By Ggood68 on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a fine car. I have owned a few different 5 series and have enjoyed them all. This car is special, not a beauty when you first see it, but it does grow on you once you drive it. The i drive have been very reliable and intuitive for me. The quality of the acceleration and ride are amazing for a car of this size.

Sweet Car
By Mojorider on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This Car is amazing it handles like a porsche 911, (i have one, i would know...), is smooth and the power just seems to keep coming. Those who dont like it are just...not very sophisticated in their tastes!

Better than I expected
By hgopad on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The new 745i Sport is amazing. Yes, the idrive takes a few trial and error experiences, but the basics like radio,cd,phone,navigator, etc. are all quite easy to use. There are so many additional things to do with it that you can continue learning some every day, if you wish. The performance, handling and comfort could not be better. I had a 740i Sport before and thought it was the best, and this has surpassed it by quite a bit. Not only is it impressive to drive, it's the most interesting and engaging car I've ever found.

Great Car
By Jeffcr7 on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I think this is a great car. Those who have whined about the iDrive in the reviews, either do not actually own the car or have never used a computer. The ride is great, comfortable seats, excellent build quality etc. This is my 2nd BMW.

BMW 7 Series
By Capcityman on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The software revisions and minor glitches (like a KM spedo) were annoying but after those early problems, the car has been carefree/

Awful vehicle, worse service
By Rfreundmd on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

fuel pump goes at two weeks, electronics go at 2 months, transmission problems at 4months, front window with stress fracture at 5 months, computer updates, tires blow at one year at 2am- 24 hour roadside assistance is not available until 10 Am. Dealership could not care less!!! Buy Japanese.

The Car From Hell
By snookered on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

RUN away from this vehicle. Fast. I have had the misfortune of having 2 745i's, when my dealer replaced my 2002 745i with a 2003 model. The first one was in the shop 7 times in 6 mos. The second one in shop 3 times in 1 mo. It was the most absurd, frustrating & disappointing experience ever with a new car. Tomorrow is my last day of having this car. My dealer is taking it back. As much as I loved it, it was totally unreliable. Quality control stinks. Not only were there problems with the electronics, but mechanical problems as well. Towed twice to my dealer. SAVE YOURSELF AGGRAVATION. GET SOMETHING ELSE.

2nd Go Around
By BMW777 on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We initially leased a very early production 2002 745i. It was the first one available at the BMW Center locally and not really my favorite color (Black Sapphire Metallic). It had many of the problems everyone has heard about. We loved the interior of the car, just not the color as much and especially not the problems. So we visited Global Imports in Atlanta who gave us a more than fair trade in price for the 2002 and we left with a 2002 in the color which is our favorite (Alpine White w/Flannel Gray Leather Interior). This one has been trouble free and a pleasure to drive. Once you learn to use the controversial I Drive, it's a blast to operate.

BMW 7 Series
By VVV on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is an awesome car. I have 19inch summer tires and 18inch winter tires. The iDrive navigation system works great, easy to use and precise. Overall this car is the highlight of the neighbourhood and when on the road it catches everyones attention n I love it.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By buttondown on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Credit Chris Bangle for taking risks. From the inside, this car is more involving and rewarding than any I've owned. The performance is enjoyable. The styling, while controversial, is a differentiator. Whenever I go out to my garage, I enjoy looking at such a unique, distinctive vehicle. I think it looks better in darker colors than lighter, but there is a 745Li at the garage I park at that is attractive. Bottom line - you will not be disappointed by this great car.