Used 2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

I can't believe
By l. conroe

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The 745i is a great car when I am able to drive it. I've spent countless hours driving back and forth to the dealership because of malfunctions. It's great they give free maintenance for the first 50 thousand miles because you will need it. My gripe is that I maintained my car with regular service. The "check engine light" came on. I thought it would be some minor repair. Turns out the repair cost is $12000 for "CARBON' on the cylinder head!!!!-not a blown head gasket, but CARBON!! That's like telling me the brake dust on my rotors require a new axle! The ULTIMATE MACHINE has a poorly designed engine if carbon build up requires 12 grand of service. No More BMW for me - Honda/Infiniti here I am.

drives well on the road

Improve the engine. There's no way a car on the level of the 745i should have carbon buildup that would cost the owner that much money.

Fun car to drive
By rpm

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had little issues but not too much to be worried. Great car to own.

Handling and response.

Electronics need improvements, radio system and nav are a little slow and not too easy to operate.

Truly comfort and true luxury
By Pat

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My wife and I chose this car because we needed a full size sedan that could comfortably fit 1-2 car seats and 2 adults with comfort. Believe it or not it is hard to find a car that can accomplish that and still maintain comfort for everyone. This car does it all. We had to get the Li for the space. This car is loaded with all kinds of gadgets and toys that I love to play with. After spending time with the iDrive, it's really not that bad, you just have to get used to it. My wife loves it for the space and the trunk is huge! Can you tell that I am rating this as a family man? Great family vehicle.

The space that the Li provides interiorly and in the trunk. Great gadgets! I love those seat massagers too!

Unsatisfied Customer
By BMW

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

Excellent engine, plenty of powers. IDrive - terrible mistake. Had so many problems with it. Mechanical support from the dealer is terrible. They do not know how to fix it. I left the car for 15 days last month to fix the air conditioner fan. Took in three times for the same problem about the seat belt warning sign within the first 6 months afrer the purchase of the car. My patients think think that I am working at BMW dealer because I drove so many different BMWs (loaners from the dealer) to work. The 7 series was a mistake and I will never buy BMW near future even though I have two as of now. I am a bit afraid to drive this car.

Status symbol, that is it.

Go back to old BMW, forget the computerized controls.

Best of the Best
By Unique

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great vehicle to have and fantastic. This car beats every other car in style, luxury, looks, options and so on. Extended warranty by BMW up to 6 years or 100,000 miles is great to have, which covers everything from maintenance to replacing bulbs for free of charge.

I like all the packages/options available for this vehicle and its great.

None...