2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
PIERO ORIOLO
By 4 dr 745 li on 02/05/06 18:24 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I'm a driver, I love cars, and I love quality and performance, this is one of the best sedan that i had, has better performance, excellent comfort, beautiful seats, holds road in curve. The only thing, I would like more space for cup holder, better navigation system, and definitely move the stick shift back to the console. I like the 0 maintenance.

Owner review
By Richard on 01/26/06 07:43 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Imagine on a 36 month lease, shop time in excess of 45 days! One and half months out of 36! Three days to "re- program" the computer, replacement parts always available, but not the same day. Two repairs to the trunk lid, an engine hood that doesn't stay open. This was my second 7 series car and a total disappointment relative to reliability. After the dealership initiated a daily rate for a loaner car I chose to take my business elsewhere. Imagine paying for a loaner for the second repair to a warrantee covered item - on a car in this price range.

Never again
By NEVER AGAIN on 06/08/05 11:44 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Each required visit to the dealer for repair results in having to return to have at least 2 additional items corrected. Idiot drive aside, safety issues are of primary concern. 4 months for BMW to figure out they had to replace the modual that controls the remote key (Plastic emergency key required to open a $85,000 car). Intermitant operation of headlights and tail lights. Engine goes into idle mode at the slightest touch of break pedal. I thought the 2000 S-430 was trouble prone but would gladly trade back. The 745LI is my wifes car which I have limited her use to daylight driving only. For security reasons, she drives our Expedition or Town car when venturing out after dark.

fantastic vehicle
By g peters on 03/24/05 16:42 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this 2003 745LI for $52,500 and it was a steal. I felt like I was robbing the dealership. I love this car and baby it to the utmost. (car cover) I spent $43 on my first fill-up that will certainly cure my speed demons. Great vehicle and I couldn't be happier!

2003 BMW 760 LI
By KaziConstruction.com on 12/30/04 13:46 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

Couple of months ago I bought BMW 760LI, in the beginning I was kind of scared about all the talk about iDrive and reliability issue, but honestly I figured that one out in less than 5 minutes, without a manual. All the reviews regarding iDrive were written by people who really don't know how to use a computer... or were born in a generation (you know what I’m talking about...) where computer skills are non-existent. I love the fact that almost ANY function in the 7-series can be accessed through iDrive. It is actually fun but I can understand how my grandfather or even father would hate to mess with it. The drive is beautiful, reliable, attention getter, comfortable and smooth ride. 10+

Worst car EVER!
By R. Fata on 11/08/04 09:52 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 5th BMW and my last! The car is in the shop all the time. The company will not even try to help. The interior design is all wrong. The idrive is the worst crap ever. They need to put the shifter back where it belongs. If they wanted the idrive to work they should make it a touch screen. Lexus has a better system. I have never sat in such uncomfortable seats in all of my life. Racing cars have a more comfortable seats. There is nothing good to say about this car. I know 34 people with this car only 3 like it, 2 can stand it, and the rest HATE it like me! This BMW is not a car to walk away from, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BMW 745Li 2003
By TPratt1 on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bar none, the 745L is the best luxury car on the road today. Closest thing to flying a jet while staying on the ground. All the technology anyone could ever use or want. Performance oriented in just about every aspect. A fine car in a great longstanding dynasty of many cars. Luxury and handling in perfect combination. Great job Germany.

Intimedated by the i Drive ?
By elicojt on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

As my first entry into the BMW line-up it's hard to beat. I was looking at the new 5 but found it's size may not meet the needs for a family of 5 (even though the kids don't see much of the back). A perfect match of perfomace (19" wheels, 325HP) and Luxury. i Drive should take about 1 week to master (going through each menu screen) and loading some favorites then it's a matter of how much you want to know while your drivig. If you have trouble with Windows XP maybe maybe you should think about a Lexus & touch screen.

I love this car....!!!!
By Stefano Vranca on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a really amzing machine. Fun to drive, responsive, incredibly agile for its size. I really do not understand all the criticism related to the idrive. It took me about an hour to learn it! No manual needed. What also can I say...you cannot beat a Bimmer!

745Li
By jashev on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Amazing handling, acceleration and ride for a full sized sedan. Absolutely the "ultimate" driving machine.