Used 2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

My worst nightmare!
By bogiedreamer

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is the worst mistake I have ever made. The car has been at the shop 5 times in 7 months. The electrical system is a total joke. I am trying sell trade in this piece of junk ASAP. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

Favorite Features

THE NAME

Suggested Improvements

RELIABILITY, SERVICE.

Great Car
By MikieV

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

With 8 months and 14K miles on my '03 745LI I must say that this car is still growing on me. I have not had even a little problem develop-the car has been flawless. It is a thrill to drive. Its hard to imagine a better sedan - except for a 760 which might be my next car when this lease is up. IDrive is now second nature for me but it did take about 3 months to get totally used to it.

Favorite Features

Comfort, Performance, Power and Style (wasn't to wild about style at first but grew to love it)

Suggested Improvements

Better Nav system. Weak garage door opener that requires ignition on to work.

Ultimate Paradox
By Steveh

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car is a dream to drive . The workmanship on the car is definitely substandard and the electronics are woeful. Every repair has either been completely ineffective in remedying my problem or has created some new problem the dealer can't figure out. Strongly recommend anyone thinking about purchasing this car get detailed information about the dealership(s) srevice department, since you'll be spending quite a bit of time there. I live in an area with only one BMW dealer in a 100 mild radius and the service department has been incompetent and as user unfriendly as the car.

Favorite Features

Design, seats, engine

Suggested Improvements

More attention to quality of construction and electronics. Get electronics to work like the engine.

Bravo BMW!!!
By Russell Housen

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After owning many BMW's this is by far the most elegant and fun to drive. When compared to the Mercedes S500 and I'm sorry but therewas NO comparison! The Mercedes was uninspiring and boring. True the gadgets in the Bimmer take some getting used to, it did not take much time and the rewards are plentiful. My friends are in awe of this automobile, it is time to take the automobile into the next century and I applaude BMW for being at the forefront. Those who critize have'nt spent the time to master the technology. After watching the video and working with the electronics driving this car is once again a very enjoyable experience. The car is also beautiful!

Favorite Features

IDRIVE!, autopark, cellphone, voice recognition, park distance control, computer screen, roominess, ventilated seats, 19" wheels, performance, rainsensing wipers, looks and automatic doors and trunk.

Suggested Improvements

The controller for the Idrive is a little too sensative, the phone is a little hard to get to when in its docking station in the console, more convenient place for spare change.

Big car that drives like a sports car...
By lc18_58

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The engine is simply amazing. Power on the freeway is effortless. Sometimes I can't even tell that I'm going 85-90! Because it's very easy to go fast. I have a 45 minute comute to work and I use to hate it, BEFORE I bought this car. It has brought the FUN back into driving for me. The logic 7 sound system is a must, you won't regret it. The ventilated seats is an great feature, since it's now impossible to sweat on the leather anymore. And the exterior styling is very noticable. Believe me, this car turns a lot of heads. Yes, BMW was right... it is truly the ULTIMATE driving machine!

Favorite Features

Performance, handling, ventilated leather seats, logic 7 sound system, park distance control.

Suggested Improvements

iDrive does take a while to get use too, so it could've been a little more user friendly.