2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
A net positive experience
By JohnQPublic on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The idrive criticisms are generally overblown. The items you use 90% of the time are simpler on the 745 than on most cars (ie big knobs, easy to see and get to). The other 10% even gets pretty easy after several months. The bugs are a pain. They are all electrical except for the sound system which is so powerful that it causes the interior to buzz at certain pitches. But the drive is sweet and is worth the hassle.

BMW 745i MONSTER ISSUES
By Ken Ganner on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

THIS CAR IS VERY BAD IS A FREAKING NIGHTMARE. OTHER BMW PRODUCTS ARE GREAT,,STAY AWAY FROM THE 745i. THEY NEED TO DO A TOTAL REPLACEMENT. COMPLETE SCRAP OF THIS GARBAGE.

Improvement to BMW's great name!
By Asport03 on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is one of the best autos built. It's 325 Valvetronic V8 is very advanced. IDrive, people complain about iDrive, dont listen, these people get in the car not knowing what there doing and they get frustrated and complain it is to hard to use. Think, if you are driving on the street and you are looking down and looking at the screen trying to find something, well then of course it is going to be a distraction but if you know what you're doing than its a snap. Saftey, 10 airbags, the most airbags. Also the tecnology, look at the transmition, FIRST auto. 6 speed. If you like an all around gerat car, this is the car to get!

They almost made it
By bto on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

With out a doubt BMW took a chance and put all the technology available into one car. The result is a formidable driving machine. The problem with taking these kinds of technological leaps is who is going to fix it if there is a problem. We have owned the car one month and have had the second system failure in the car. The first problem was with the dynamic drive system. The dealer was very accomodating but it took a week to diagnose the problem and get the right parts. Now we have our second repair in one month. If we have anymore difficulties with this car I will return it under the Lemon Law.

Lemon law? A class-action suit?
By wkisse on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I first picked up my 745i on 10-08 and it has been out of service a total of 20 days as of 11-16. The problem?...I am on my FOURTH new 745i loaner and all these cars have been plagued with intermittent electronics! Intermittent - nav system, cell phone, trunk release, headrests going up without warning, dash reverting to metric, radio/CD, engine check light, no audio from phone/sound system... A great dealership, but they have been plagued with a lot of problem cars.

All thats New
By Anthony C. on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Traded a 2001 Lexus 430 on a BMW 745I. Hard decision since the Lexus was easily the best car I ever owned. The BMW has performed even stronger than my lexus and has proven to be a great road car. Love the amenities and power options. The vehicle is truly a new driving experience. Great Car.

2003 745I I am worried for BMW
By JERSEY on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The Engine,transmission, seats are possibly the best I have ever witnessed. However the car is pathetically confusing for valets, loved one's and owners. Nothing works correctly from memory to auto close trun that remains half up everytime. BMW service has been great, BMW company has been great. I do worry about this car causing everyone to run away!

A head turner
By tenplay on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

A great car to drive.The handling characteristics are outstanding. It's responsive and quick for a vehicle of its size. Corners very well with no sway and feels tight. Powerful acceleration even at speed of 100+ mph. Interior is driver friendly. The most used controls are buttons or knobs and very intuitive to use. The i drive does take time to understand how to use and in some instances, like navigation is overly complicated. Get the 19" wheels. Theylook better and drive better. I enjoy every time I drive this car

Col. Klink Makes Cars
By rdlu on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Horrible reliability makes the flagship car of the Ultimate Driving Machine a Yugo wanna be. Coupled with a third rate Roadside Assistance Program the 2002 7 Series BMW becomes the Ultimate Lemon Machine. It is exactly what Lemon Laws are designed to protect. I'm just embarassed that I actually bought one for the amount of money that it cost. Sham on me. I will drive it (when it gets out of the shop) to my closest Mercedes dealer and buy a new MB ASAP

My BMW 7 Series
By reviewer on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I LOVE my car. The exterior is a love/hate thing, but I love it. If your good with video game conrollers you will not have any problems with the iDrive, if not call my 17 year-old son. I looked at the Lexus LS 430 and liked the 7 Series better. I do not like Mercedes-Benz so the S430 was not even an option. But I test drove the S430 after I bought the 7 Series, and that just reconfirmed that I had made the right choice going with BMW. If your wondering why the build quality rating is so low, thats because the 7 Series' price is such a hurdle. Is the 7 Series worth 2 3 Series?