Used 2003 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Driving Excellence
By BobnNan

2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is our first BMW and we really love it. We previously drove a 1998 Jaguar VDP and while it was a good performer it lacked comfort and was totally useless in the snow. Before purchasing the 745Li we looked at the new Jaguar XJ and the Mercedes S500. I liked the style of the Jag and the Mercedes better than the BMW but for handling, features and comfort the BMW came out leaps and bounds ahead. So far it has been a great driving experience!

I think the the I-drive is fun and I also like the CD changer in the dash. The sun shades are also a nice feature.

I liked the sytle better when the roof line wasn't so rounded.

7 series is great!
By sharpe411

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just leased a 745i and the interior of this car is like nothing I have ever seen. Although the exterior takes a little getting used to, the car is an amazing ride. The fuel economy is somewhat of a problem as every time I fill the tank it costs me $50. However, overall,this car is great

Navigation, comfort of seats, roominess.

Fuel mileage & exterior lights

Concerned over interior.
By JJR919

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The 735I in grey insisde has problems with the plastic trim on the doors. The color peeled of for no aparent reason. I recomend any new buyer to pay for the extra special fornt seats. The standard seats are not as comfortable and the hight of the head rest cannot be regulated at will. The car drives beautiful even at very high speeds 120mph+. However, I nted it has a tendency to skid in very tight curves, the type you found in European mountains.

The computer knob is fun to use and quite easy once mastered. Great conversation piece. However, the radio is cumbersome to use.

Front seats are not as comfortable as previous 735. An altimiter and compass can be useful. Glove compartment too small. Air conditioning knob inside arm rest compartment should work the other way around. When you insert bottles you risk moving the knob and turning off the air flow.

The Ultimate Batmobile
By pistorp

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Just a really great travel car. We drive 700 miles with our 3-year old son and we are not even tired. Incredible performance, a greaty interior and so many super gadgets, I think it's my best car ever

The comfort seats and the soft-door close. Plus the great stereo and the powerful engine. And Dynamic Drive and...

Software failed once.

Don't Believe All That You Read
By Robfisher03

2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The much maligned iDrive is a marvel. It has a learning curve of course. It combined with the active cruise control make for a pleasant and SAFE vehicle with performance and handling to set the standard for all other cars.

Interactive speed control

Exterior styling could be improved, but it looks just great from the inside.