Used 2003 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Just sold the car
By psecondo

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

My car 2003 760 IL was a fantastic car. I said "was" because after the first few years it became eminently unreliable and extremely expensive to fix. But I loved the car and, admittedly, I kept it for too long. Finally I just sold it after it developed a fuel problem (problems to start the car and to idle) that the BMW dealership deemed "unfixable".....the car had only 64,000 miles! I had a 760il of the previous generation that developed valve problems at 80,000 miles. I had a lot of problems with big Mercedes as well. I think I will skip German for a while.

Favorite Features

Fantastic V12

Suggested Improvements

Make the car simpler and more reliable

7th Wonder?
By shinjitsu

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car overall is fantastic. Itís an almost do everything type of vehicle if youíre looking for something to be a commuter by day and sports car by night. Do your homework (service records) before buying one and make sure able to afford the maintenance required for this car. Itís not a Toyota. If you can at the time of purchase buy and extended or aftermarket warranty. The parts for this car are a little pricey but when itís all said and done, itís hard to find anything else out there that drives and handles like it.

Favorite Features

The logic 7 surround sound, Sport Mode, The handling (sports package) and the sound of the V8 at high Rpms. Adaptive rear brake lights. The stopping power! Interior and leg room, leather quality.

Suggested Improvements

Parts availability, better interior door plastics, durable front and rear windshield molding as they seem to deteriorate, break and fall apart while washing the car.

Dream come true
By jdcraw

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

I had always thought my dream car would be a Cadillac or a Mercedes, but when this car came into my life, it was a "dream come true". It had ultimate luxury and ultimate power. I have no plans to ever replace this car only to loving care for it and maintain it until death do us part. This is my 1st and last BMW!

Favorite Features

speed, power, luxury feeling

Suggested Improvements

enable dvd while driving in the front

Looks Can Be Deceiving.
By SportyDave

2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This seems like a brilliant car, the interior is sumptuous with a gorgeous dashboard (especially when the navigation is on). Ride is smooth, and engine just purrs. Every angle of this car grabs attention. However, the reliability is abysmal! This car has been in the shop so many times, I eventually just sold it. Glitches in interior parts (too many motors and unnecessary gizmos prone to go bad over time) just added to the gamut of problems. This car is atrocious in the winter or any slick conditions. The fat rear tires get no traction, and on subject, tires they DO sell are outrageously expensive. $400 a tire! And they barely make 10k miles. In fact, most parts for this car are absurd.

Favorite Features

Styling, engine noises, roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability is horrendous, parts are ridiculously priced, "snotty person" look to which others on the road react negatively. The car depreciates like a boulder falling off a cliff.

What's not to like!
By Tom Zimmer

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

This is my fourth BMW, second seven series. They just keep getting better and better! The seven rides like a dream and handles like a tight sports car. The crowd at BMW truly define the Ultimate Driving Machine!

Favorite Features

The interior comfort for all four people translates into a performance dream for the driver.

Suggested Improvements

Voice recognition system in 03' needs some improvement.