2003 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
7th Wonder?
By shinjitsu on 01/19/14 08:49 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car overall is fantastic. Itís an almost do everything type of vehicle if youíre looking for something to be a commuter by day and sports car by night. Do your homework (service records) before buying one and make sure able to afford the maintenance required for this car. Itís not a Toyota. If you can at the time of purchase buy and extended or aftermarket warranty. The parts for this car are a little pricey but when itís all said and done, itís hard to find anything else out there that drives and handles like it.

I can't believe
By l. conroe on 04/09/09 08:12 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The 745i is a great car when I am able to drive it. I've spent countless hours driving back and forth to the dealership because of malfunctions. It's great they give free maintenance for the first 50 thousand miles because you will need it. My gripe is that I maintained my car with regular service. The "check engine light" came on. I thought it would be some minor repair. Turns out the repair cost is $12000 for "CARBON' on the cylinder head!!!!-not a blown head gasket, but CARBON!! That's like telling me the brake dust on my rotors require a new axle! The ULTIMATE MACHINE has a poorly designed engine if carbon build up requires 12 grand of service. No More BMW for me - Honda/Infiniti here I am.

Fun car to drive
By rpm on 06/24/07 11:04 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had little issues but not too much to be worried. Great car to own.

Intimedated by the i Drive ?
By elicojt on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

As my first entry into the BMW line-up it's hard to beat. I was looking at the new 5 but found it's size may not meet the needs for a family of 5 (even though the kids don't see much of the back). A perfect match of perfomace (19" wheels, 325HP) and Luxury. i Drive should take about 1 week to master (going through each menu screen) and loading some favorites then it's a matter of how much you want to know while your drivig. If you have trouble with Windows XP maybe maybe you should think about a Lexus & touch screen.

Best Car Dollar for Dollar
By Dr. Fun on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best car I have ever owned dollar for dollar. It is truly a joy to drive and ride in, despite what has sometimes been reported in the news. The I drive is a challenge to learn, but once you read the manual it is easy to use. The cabin is spacious and provides ample room for both the front and rear passengers of various heights or sizes.

Great Car
By Shenn10 on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great Car! No problems this car rides and handles great. Idrive is a very simple operating system to learn. Very quiet ride. Upgraded sound system is perfect.

Dream Come True
By jimbomac on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 745i is a dream come true. Wanted a 7-series since 1986. Love it. Had a problem with the autmatic trunk lock, but that was fixed. Love the iDrive and have pretty much mastered it after 2 hours of "playing." Did I mention this car is now my hobby since I am devoid of dough? It drives wonderful, handles like my MGB from college days. I always loved the new look. Everything I expected it to be and more!!

Best car for performance/comfort
By BMW Enthusiast on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Owned 5 Series and recently upgraded to 7 series...If you want performance and luxury, there is no other car.

Amazing
By dlinca on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Picked the car up in Munich and it founds its way through Germany, France and Austria. Amazingly stable, smooth and secure on the autobahn. Excellent ride; quiet, comfortable. Very nble for its size. Looked strange at first; now looks stylish and distinctive, with comments from strangers on what a beautiful car it is. But mostly, the joy is in the driving.

believe what people are telling you abou
By wishI hadn't on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I also got one of the early models. Had tremendous number of problems. The dealership could never fix them. I just traded it in on a Mercedes S class and they gave me $50K trade in due to all the problems...they know noone wants the car.

1 2 3 4 5 next »