2003 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Just sold the car
By psecondo on 09/02/14 16:21 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

My car 2003 760 IL was a fantastic car. I said "was" because after the first few years it became eminently unreliable and extremely expensive to fix. But I loved the car and, admittedly, I kept it for too long. Finally I just sold it after it developed a fuel problem (problems to start the car and to idle) that the BMW dealership deemed "unfixable".....the car had only 64,000 miles! I had a 760il of the previous generation that developed valve problems at 80,000 miles. I had a lot of problems with big Mercedes as well. I think I will skip German for a while.

Dream come true
By jdcraw on 03/26/10 08:02 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

I had always thought my dream car would be a Cadillac or a Mercedes, but when this car came into my life, it was a "dream come true". It had ultimate luxury and ultimate power. I have no plans to ever replace this car only to loving care for it and maintain it until death do us part. This is my 1st and last BMW!

What's not to like!
By Tom Zimmer on 06/30/09 10:30 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

This is my fourth BMW, second seven series. They just keep getting better and better! The seven rides like a dream and handles like a tight sports car. The crowd at BMW truly define the Ultimate Driving Machine!

Unsatisfied Customer
By BMW on 08/25/06 18:46 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

Excellent engine, plenty of powers. IDrive - terrible mistake. Had so many problems with it. Mechanical support from the dealer is terrible. They do not know how to fix it. I left the car for 15 days last month to fix the air conditioner fan. Took in three times for the same problem about the seat belt warning sign within the first 6 months afrer the purchase of the car. My patients think think that I am working at BMW dealer because I drove so many different BMWs (loaners from the dealer) to work. The 7 series was a mistake and I will never buy BMW near future even though I have two as of now. I am a bit afraid to drive this car.

2003 BMW 760 LI
By KaziConstruction.com on 12/30/04 13:46 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

Couple of months ago I bought BMW 760LI, in the beginning I was kind of scared about all the talk about iDrive and reliability issue, but honestly I figured that one out in less than 5 minutes, without a manual. All the reviews regarding iDrive were written by people who really don't know how to use a computer... or were born in a generation (you know what Iím talking about...) where computer skills are non-existent. I love the fact that almost ANY function in the 7-series can be accessed through iDrive. It is actually fun but I can understand how my grandfather or even father would hate to mess with it. The drive is beautiful, reliable, attention getter, comfortable and smooth ride. 10+

It's a Love Hate
By JWG on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

Having owned a 750il and a 840ci, and now with a '03 760 li, I feel I can speak to BMW cars. I've owned S class Mercedes between then. The '03 760 li has been a near disaster since delivery- - out of round tires,engine hesitation and cut outs. This problem will show up on most new 7 cars eventually. The pre 9/03 760 productions don't even have the ability to have satellite radio installation (or retrofit)-- an asinine oversight in a car of this price. As I've said with the V12 BMW's- when they run right they are a dream, when they don't they are a melting dreamsicle.

happy
By tmac2 on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

thw best car in the world cant be touched

769Li
By DerekDuke on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

All of the performance you could desire of a large sedan.

bmw
By Hardoon on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

This is the best car ever its fast and powerful and luxery it the best

BMW has done it again
By Dr. G on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

This is the one of the ultimate luxury sedans available today. Currently own a 2003 S600 and 2003 CL600, and this is nearly on par with the benzes. Workmanship is above-par by all means. Though not as quick as the Mercedes, this machine delivers stunning performance, and handles the roads like a jewel. The iDrive for front and rear is very unique, and this car clearly defines modern luxury. The Benz is a tad more plush, but for sveral thousand less, the BMW is by far a great car. If one desires an extra touch of classic refinement with all of the BMW's characteristics, look at the Benz, but by all means consider this car.