Used 2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Just sold the car
By psecondo

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

My car 2003 760 IL was a fantastic car. I said "was" because after the first few years it became eminently unreliable and extremely expensive to fix. But I loved the car and, admittedly, I kept it for too long. Finally I just sold it after it developed a fuel problem (problems to start the car and to idle) that the BMW dealership deemed "unfixable".....the car had only 64,000 miles! I had a 760il of the previous generation that developed valve problems at 80,000 miles. I had a lot of problems with big Mercedes as well. I think I will skip German for a while.

Favorite Features

Fantastic V12

Suggested Improvements

Make the car simpler and more reliable

Dream come true
By jdcraw

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

I had always thought my dream car would be a Cadillac or a Mercedes, but when this car came into my life, it was a "dream come true". It had ultimate luxury and ultimate power. I have no plans to ever replace this car only to loving care for it and maintain it until death do us part. This is my 1st and last BMW!

Favorite Features

speed, power, luxury feeling

Suggested Improvements

enable dvd while driving in the front

What's not to like!
By Tom Zimmer

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

This is my fourth BMW, second seven series. They just keep getting better and better! The seven rides like a dream and handles like a tight sports car. The crowd at BMW truly define the Ultimate Driving Machine!

Favorite Features

The interior comfort for all four people translates into a performance dream for the driver.

Suggested Improvements

Voice recognition system in 03' needs some improvement.

Unsatisfied Customer
By BMW

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

Excellent engine, plenty of powers. IDrive - terrible mistake. Had so many problems with it. Mechanical support from the dealer is terrible. They do not know how to fix it. I left the car for 15 days last month to fix the air conditioner fan. Took in three times for the same problem about the seat belt warning sign within the first 6 months afrer the purchase of the car. My patients think think that I am working at BMW dealer because I drove so many different BMWs (loaners from the dealer) to work. The 7 series was a mistake and I will never buy BMW near future even though I have two as of now. I am a bit afraid to drive this car.

Favorite Features

Status symbol, that is it.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to old BMW, forget the computerized controls.

2003 BMW 760 LI
By KaziConstruction.com

2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

Couple of months ago I bought BMW 760LI, in the beginning I was kind of scared about all the talk about iDrive and reliability issue, but honestly I figured that one out in less than 5 minutes, without a manual. All the reviews regarding iDrive were written by people who really don't know how to use a computer... or were born in a generation (you know what Iím talking about...) where computer skills are non-existent. I love the fact that almost ANY function in the 7-series can be accessed through iDrive. It is actually fun but I can understand how my grandfather or even father would hate to mess with it. The drive is beautiful, reliable, attention getter, comfortable and smooth ride. 10+

Favorite Features

powerful and responsive,sexy Body style, Adaptive cruise control, steptronic,heated steering wheel, heated/cool/massage seat. iDrive, 7CD player, Park distance, fridge in the back, back recliner seats, auto headrest in the back, keyless entry/start. Gear shift, 13 powerful speakers, Auto heated seat

Suggested Improvements

I am very happy with the car, but I guess improvement is always better. If I can ask for one thing that would be Remote starter.