2002 BMW 7 Series Consumer Review: love/hate -- sold it and boug

2002 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Review

745i Sedan (4.4L V8 6-speed Automatic)

love/hate -- sold it and bought an acura
By viola128 on

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had the 745i for 10 years and at only 80 thousand miles, i finally decided to get rid of it. Fortunately, I sold it for a pretty good price and I was being very honest to the guy who bought it about the problems I had with the car before (they were fixed). I love the driving and I do agree that it's very addictive and this is why it took me so long to sell it. But, after 6 years, it started to need my attention and i have not stop paying money to keep it running in good shape. I had 3 oil leaks, coolant problems, vacuum failed twice, power window, shade, door lock, power button for the seat etc....and, I had the service engine lights on as well.

I paid top dollars for this car and only got to enjoy it for 6 years without getting headaches and paying lots of money to keep it alive. My wife and I had own Honda, Acura, Toyota, Lexus and mercedes before and never had this much problem. no matter how great this car is to drive, it's not worth the money to have to go through this much to keep it in shape. i will never buy another BMW again and am enjoying my current Acura. I will stick to Jap car !