Used 2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Too Many Parts
By disatisfied ob-gyn

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It has been a lifelong dream to finally own the car. Now the bad part. The car has been into the dealership more times than I can remember. Problems started with the electronic keyfob system. I've been stuck along the side of many roads and in many parking lots waiting for BMW roadside. I thought it was my fault that the doors were left open and my belongs ransacked but as I tried to lock them I saw that the locks open up by themselves. Overall I can't say that I am satisfied. I probably should have bought an S series Benz. To have so much electronic equipment and not train the mechanics is just Bad Business.

Favorite Features

The overall design and top-end speed of the car cannot be matched by anything that I have ever driven.

Suggested Improvements

Training BMW service departments on the problems that may arise and then teaching them on how to recognize and FIX them. They still don't know what is wrong with my car. Nobody at the dealership has any answers for me just "bring it back down."

GERMANS GONE WRONG
By GENGHIS

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

IDRIVE IS IMPOSSIBLE. NEEDS REPROGRAMMING EVERY FEW MONTHS AND THEN VERY DIFFICULT TO OPERATE. INTERIOR TRIM IS CHEAP PAINTED PLASTIC AND PAINT CONTINUALLY PEELS OFF. HAVE USED TWO DEALERS TO SERVICE AND BOTH ARE WELL BELOW PAR FOR LUXURY DEALER. HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN NEW 2004 JAG VANDEN PLAS AND LOVE IT. NO COMPARISON!!!

Favorite Features

INTERIOR ROOM NAD ROAD HANDLING

Suggested Improvements

GO TO INTEGRAL COLOR INTERIOR TRIM AND GET RID OF IDRIVE. ALSO IMPROVE DEALERS.

'03 745i
By waldroje

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

i only have 1300 miles behind me but can confirm that getting this car was the right decision. the ride and performance are outstanding, while setting up preferences w/ idrive was a breeze. went w/ 19'' wheels which add a lot to the appearance. no complaints.

Favorite Features

automatic rear shades (for kids), 19'' wheels, comfort seats are great

Suggested Improvements

trunk design will get a makeover someday, but its nothing you'll think of behind the wheel

745 Li
By Roger W Perman

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is our third large BMW, th eprevious were 740iL's. This is a great car and a wonderful road car. We have had no problems with this car and are really enjoying it. The handling and ride are superb. The quality of the finish on the door sills needs some BMW attention.

Favorite Features

The I Drive and the load leveling which really does wonders for the handling.

Suggested Improvements

Upgradethe quality of the interior doors sills. The finish is wearing odd after 15,000 miles.

$79,000 worth of gagets
By Jerry Madden

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I enjoy driving the car but have had eight recalls since owning the car. Most all of problems have to do with the computer or iDrive which is a mess to use. There is still the constant hesitation which they are unable to fix. Overall the car is overated,over "gageted", and over priced. BMW rushed the car to market a year too early.

Favorite Features

Performance(discounting the hesistation),comfort, handling,styling,quietness, an overall appeal of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the iDrive and make the ultimate driving machine fun to drive again.