2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Even better...
By Noel on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love at first sight. Love it even more after a month. The ride, performance, features and look are just what I want. Only one complaint: the cell phone choice is bad. Ancient Motorola and no GSM carrier. No reason to not have universal adaptor and any carrier, phone or plan.

My Wife Misses the Radio
By toothdoc on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car rides great, except if their is snow on the ground. this is no Audi I,m getting the new A8 in June. My wife hates i-drive she needs a radio. I think that not having steptronic in a vehicle that cost 80,000 is unaceptable. the car is a great cruiser and comfortable. i-drive is a little bit of a nuisance, you have to select sport mode each time you start the car for edc control. The shifter and keyless is a nightmare for valet parking and car washes.

2003 745i would do better minus computer
By jethro bodiiine on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

great driving car poor on reliability. I had the car in the shop 4 times in first month to reprogram computer. for 70k this should not happen

Smile on my face
By gillopez on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love the car. It's by far the most incredible hunk of stylish metal you can possibly drive. If you're old and boring, drive the S-Class... if you still like to have fun get this car. The car has many computer-related problems (thanks Microsoft) so if you have patience, buy the car!

Try It, I Bet You Buy It.
By newbmw745 on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great deal, great car. This car has the feel of a much smaller and nimber vehicle. Its rides smooth on the highway and like a 3 series in the city.

Great Leap Forward for BMW
By oinick on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is unbelievably good. Has awesome power, excellent build quality, wonderfully comfortable power heated/cooled/massaging/ventilating seats. iDrive is no big deal, but setting radio stations a pain. Nav system is behind the times (need DVD system, which other BMW's except 7 will get for 2003). Has been back to dealer for software problems three times, but dealer is really interested in fixing problems and has always had loaner (7 or other). Overall, quite pleased. Much better car than my previous 2 7 series cars.

Lemon law - make them eat it!
By BadBMW on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased my 745i one week ago. CONTINUAL battery problems (car left me stranded twice in two days). Nav system poor, phone has terrible voice recognition. Dealer reported that the problems with the nav system required a software upgrade. Why didn't they check everything before delivery? Maryland has a 7-day lemon law which I'm taking advantage of ot of desperation. Really bad for a $70+ car. NO MORE BMW's for me. A new Mercedes will be delivered to my door on Thursday. Maybe BMW should have waited one more year beforw putting this engineering on the market. Sorry I didn't read these reviews before wasting a lot of time hassling with the car.

Best car in its class
By katong on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I got the 745 brochure last year and started to compare it against s430/500. When the 7 arrived, my wife and I spent countless hours test driving the 2 cars. She was an MB fanatic turned 745 convert. I suggest test driving the 2 cars on the same day (at least 3 times) and you will definitely vote for the 7 everytime. Glad we settled for the new 7.

owner
By Mo on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

vrey nice car. fun to drive. very highteck

owner
By mo on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

vrey nice car. fun to drive. very highteck