2002 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Wait before you buy
By The Boss on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 745i back in May and wrote a great review about the car...then the problems. I have a terrible problem with the software in the NAV system and the dealer does not have a clue on how to fix it. My car has been in the shop three times and still is not repaired. If you like the car I suggest you wait another year for BMW to work out the bugs. I can't wait to get rid of mine.

Never again!
By Bjncfo on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

2nd BMW I've owned and this will be the last. All of the great features of this car are offset by the endless number of bugs. Software problems, transmission problems, etc. Who wants to drive a car with the radio on when it skips through the preset stations constantly? Car has been in to the dealer four times. Latest visit is now for more than a week. Back to Lexus for me!

Great buy for the money!
By allawi1 on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent value, better than expected with soothness of drive and very impressive engine !

It's not really that bad.
By Eric F on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

While many American's find the new 7 an extremely ugly car, they have to go deeper, to see the brilliant new driving dynamics, engine, and performance. The transmission and rear styling are the only things that are slightly off-kilter. i-Drive is not that confusting, people say it is, but 10 minutes behind the wheel and you'll get it.

I love it the 745i
By Marcelo Ribas on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am glad I bought this car, it is simply the BEST luxury sedan of the world. I love it even more now after I tested the Mercedes S series (what a piece of junk). I make excuses to go to places and drive this AWSOME car.

Best 7 Yet
By Christopher Amico on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned 4 7s. This is my 5th and best one yet..

Fabulous piece of machinery
By Fredgpi on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Cadillac & Corvette owner for 40 years with an occasional muscle car thrown into the mix buying foreign anything was a difficult choice. BMW has incorporated a symphany of technology and luxurious appointments with a muscle car soul. All cars of the future will chase the 745.

What were they thinking????
By MTM on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I went from a 740 to a S430 and needed to get back to the performance of a 7, if your a real driver the S class won't cut it. I was the first on my block and the dealership for that matter to pick up this car and loved it UNTIL the problems started. Remote problems, telephone keypad went, Nav. system from 5 years ago which stopped working all together. The dealer can't fix all the problems just patch them for now, all in all the i drive system stinks. BMW rushed this car to market before fixing the bug and are lucky loyal customers are still around. BMW's lucky it drives like no other or they would certainly loose market share to other companies.

bmw7
By djp on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I cannot stop smiling while I drive this car. No need for a sports car anymore.

BMW 745i
By Paulo Castanhaes on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Ann excellent car, with everything you need to make a perfect drive