2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Awsome Drive
By Shahid Hashmi on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The drive is best of all the cars I have owned and I have owned MB, Infinity Q45 and Accura Legend. No other car on this planet can compare to the fun driving this car. After this car I dont want to drive my MB 420E as it is so primitivr to & series.

An expensive lemon
By VA BMW Owner on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I drove my 2002 745i for six months before I finally was fed up with the never ending updates/defects and traded the car. I quickly learned the iDrive system and I have no patience for the whining computer illiterate types who bought the car and can't figure out how to use it. This car had a never ending series of bizarre defects and constant problems that were repaired 2 or 3 times with little success. I also tired of the never ending series of software updates and control module replacements that required an average of 3 days in the shop per round of updates.

BMW 7451 - Awsome
By dman on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is our 4th BMW. Unbelievable ride, you don't want to stop driving. Can't wait to take it on a long trip. I-Drive is easy. Be patient.

A Poor Choice
By AlmostEXBeamer on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The yellow caution flag unfurled shortly after I took delivery of a 745i in May, 2002. The clock lost time, the sound system developed a roaring hiss and the navigation system intermittenly stopped working. The clock module, the computer screen, and the navagation system were replaced. The car lost battery power once. Last autumn, an engine malfunction developed. The alloy coating the valve stems flaked off. One cylinder was scored, so the ENGINE was replaced! Did I mention a defective ignition coil after 9000 mi? I think the dealer did as best as possible. No matter how much sugar you put on a lemon, you are still left with a sour taste in your mouth.

After 8 years of Lexus LS400-430's
By arby on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Likes and dislikes in order: It is good looking. It turns heads like you can't believe. It steers like it is on rails. The I-drive is easy if you give it a chance. It is just a learning curve you have to get through. It is safe and efficient. It is extremely cold natured. The I drive is great...if it hangs up here and there go get the latest software update. I don't like the seats..period. I would like to up shift manually.

In the shop again!
By uscdentist on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 8th BMW. It is by far the most unreliable one I have owned. Today I had to drop it off at the dealer after the ENGINE MALFUNCTION light came on. The one thing I didn't expect to go wrong in this car was the engine. I guess the suspension is next.

Best BMW 7 Series
By HB on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 740IL and went to the s class while waiting for the 745 series.(Kept it 6 months and sold it ) I am on my third one. The latest is the li. I have purchased the XKR, SC 430 as well.There are no words to describe the 745. It is by far the best auto I have ever owned. Once you learn the systems you will love them. What a ride!!!

it could have been so good
By Dr kanji on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The interieur is miserable, the signallight stalk is placed wrong. The "I" drive should be srapped at once. The doors do not open far enough. Ever tried to undu the emergency brake,good luck

HOW DO YOU SPELL "LEMON"?
By cpablum on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

DON'T BUY THIS CAR! THERE'S A VIBRATION IN THE STEERING WHEEL THAT CAN'T BE FIXED, MORE ELECTRONIC GREMILINS AND FAILURES THAN I HAVE SPACE TO MENTION. BMWNA IS PLAYING HARDBALL AND WON'T REPLACE THE CAR, BECAUSE THEY KNOW A REPLACEMENT WILL BE NO BETTER!

By A_Merritt on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent auto. Best car that I have ever owned. I will buy the next in this line.