2002 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
The
By netwalker4 on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After reading all of the material I could get my hands on I bought what I thought was the ultimate car. After owning the car I realized I had made the right choice. This car is all that is was designed to be. It was not designed to have the new I-Drive over shadow its performance stats in the major car magazines as the only lows they could find.

BMW 745 Ownder Speaks Out
By carcollection on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car outdoes my 2 old 750s in pract. every way, thank goodness to BMW for keeping the big, muscular look with the new 7 as opposed to Mercedes narrowing the new S so that it looks cheap with the standard 16 & 17 wheels and still does front & rear even with the sport pack. thats why i no longer own any 600s. ill admit the trunk did take a little getting used to though.

Great Car
By import-autohaus on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Most amazing car on the market in its class.... blows mercedes away!!!

Piece Of Junk
By jkky on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've had nothing but problems with the I Drive and the vehicles phone. The car has been back to the Dealer 11 times for the same problem

wonderful to drive nightmare to own
By ducati749 on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car handles like sports car. the acceleration for such a large vehicle is remarkable. the i drive requires a college degree to operate. I think I have the car at the dealership more often than at home. I think a yugo is more reliable.

Too Many Parts
By disatisfied ob-gyn on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It has been a lifelong dream to finally own the car. Now the bad part. The car has been into the dealership more times than I can remember. Problems started with the electronic keyfob system. I've been stuck along the side of many roads and in many parking lots waiting for BMW roadside. I thought it was my fault that the doors were left open and my belongs ransacked but as I tried to lock them I saw that the locks open up by themselves. Overall I can't say that I am satisfied. I probably should have bought an S series Benz. To have so much electronic equipment and not train the mechanics is just Bad Business.

GERMANS GONE WRONG
By GENGHIS on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

IDRIVE IS IMPOSSIBLE. NEEDS REPROGRAMMING EVERY FEW MONTHS AND THEN VERY DIFFICULT TO OPERATE. INTERIOR TRIM IS CHEAP PAINTED PLASTIC AND PAINT CONTINUALLY PEELS OFF. HAVE USED TWO DEALERS TO SERVICE AND BOTH ARE WELL BELOW PAR FOR LUXURY DEALER. HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN NEW 2004 JAG VANDEN PLAS AND LOVE IT. NO COMPARISON!!!

'03 745i
By waldroje on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

i only have 1300 miles behind me but can confirm that getting this car was the right decision. the ride and performance are outstanding, while setting up preferences w/ idrive was a breeze. went w/ 19'' wheels which add a lot to the appearance. no complaints.

745 Li
By Roger W Perman on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is our third large BMW, th eprevious were 740iL's. This is a great car and a wonderful road car. We have had no problems with this car and are really enjoying it. The handling and ride are superb. The quality of the finish on the door sills needs some BMW attention.

$79,000 worth of gagets
By Jerry Madden on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I enjoy driving the car but have had eight recalls since owning the car. Most all of problems have to do with the computer or iDrive which is a mess to use. There is still the constant hesitation which they are unable to fix. Overall the car is overated,over "gageted", and over priced. BMW rushed the car to market a year too early.