2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Too many kinks
By tom on 04/19/06 20:13 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I liked the exterior design and smooth engine, but iDrive is slow and needlessly complicated. Many kinks in the car: 1) window lift mechanism poor as when it malfunctions (happened twice), no way to close the window. 2) key gets stuck in ignition. 3) if park too close to curb, rims hit before the run flat tires. 4) mobile phone connection flimsy

Land Yacht
By rpb750 on 02/27/06 12:34 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was amazed on the power and smooth acceleration of this car. It has much more power than any lexus I have ever driven. The interior is very roomy and comfortable. I would not buy any other luxury car. The speed of this car is shocking...

VEHICLE FOR THE ELITE
By clyde on 10/16/05 16:43 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've had the vehicle for over two weeks, and it's been a joy to drive. The power is scary at times - technology is like nothing you've ever seen! Exchanged the 19 inch alloys for chrome and it sets it off!! Comfortable ride, although the Pirellis do not ride as comfortable as Michelins. Totally satisfied so far.

"the ultimate driving machine
By drjbmw on 01/11/05 12:05 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

An old timer with BMWs, I have owned 7 series since 88. I love the car and enjoy driving it. I have taken different 7s on interstate trips and have enjoyed the "Ultimate driving machine". BMW is ahead of the time and has always had some "technical issues" with their "1st year" model on 7 series due to complex electrical systems and components of the vehicle. The dealerships are very aware of the adjustments and have always tried to repair the defect. Part of owning a toy like this is to understand it would need maintenance and some TLC.

I hate the I-Drive
By No more BMW for me on 12/28/04 01:59 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

BMW should send this car back to Microsoft. The i-drive is worthless. In theory, it is a good idea, but in practice it sucks. Do you know you can't listen to the radio in the car when parked for more than 15 minutes? The whole computer system has to stay on and it drains the battery. The CD has almost no functionallity. It forgets where it was the last time you had it on everytime. The voice recognition is useless as it takes so long to do anything. The navigation system takes you to the wrong address by making bad assumptions (and not telling you about it). Overall, it is a disaster and I will never touch a BMW again. (I bought this model when it came out and have suffered with it for 3 years.)

Not bad - could be better for the money
By yao on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Mechanics such as engine/trans response is great. The breaking is also great. The radio had be replace three times. he sound quality is not what I expected. The Lexus 450 which I've heard and my S500 have a far superior system for the money. Frankly, the I drive is not good. Ease and function is poor. The tilt/telscoping wheel could come out further and down. Mercedes has a much more comfortable seat but the beamer is a rockect. Some of the interior features are "cheap" for the money. Much better in the cadillac, lexus and acura. BMW should take some hints from them. Overall interior look is very nice compared to other models in the same catagory.

The
By netwalker4 on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After reading all of the material I could get my hands on I bought what I thought was the ultimate car. After owning the car I realized I had made the right choice. This car is all that is was designed to be. It was not designed to have the new I-Drive over shadow its performance stats in the major car magazines as the only lows they could find.

BMW 745 Ownder Speaks Out
By carcollection on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car outdoes my 2 old 750s in pract. every way, thank goodness to BMW for keeping the big, muscular look with the new 7 as opposed to Mercedes narrowing the new S so that it looks cheap with the standard 16 & 17 wheels and still does front & rear even with the sport pack. thats why i no longer own any 600s. ill admit the trunk did take a little getting used to though.

Great Car
By import-autohaus on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Most amazing car on the market in its class.... blows mercedes away!!!

Piece Of Junk
By jkky on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've had nothing but problems with the I Drive and the vehicles phone. The car has been back to the Dealer 11 times for the same problem