Used 2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Great Leap Forward for BMW
By oinick

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is unbelievably good. Has awesome power, excellent build quality, wonderfully comfortable power heated/cooled/massaging/ventilating seats. iDrive is no big deal, but setting radio stations a pain. Nav system is behind the times (need DVD system, which other BMW's except 7 will get for 2003). Has been back to dealer for software problems three times, but dealer is really interested in fixing problems and has always had loaner (7 or other). Overall, quite pleased. Much better car than my previous 2 7 series cars.

Seats, power trunk and door closers, stereo, phone (big improvement over other 7's), POWER and HANDLING

DVD Nav Work out software bugs

Lemon law - make them eat it!
By BadBMW

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased my 745i one week ago. CONTINUAL battery problems (car left me stranded twice in two days). Nav system poor, phone has terrible voice recognition. Dealer reported that the problems with the nav system required a software upgrade. Why didn't they check everything before delivery? Maryland has a 7-day lemon law which I'm taking advantage of ot of desperation. Really bad for a $70+ car. NO MORE BMW's for me. A new Mercedes will be delivered to my door on Thursday. Maybe BMW should have waited one more year beforw putting this engineering on the market. Sorry I didn't read these reviews before wasting a lot of time hassling with the car.

Handling, styling, VERY bright headlights (standard). What the car COULD (and obviously is not) be.

NAV system, phone voice recognition (very poor!). Multiple software bugs and updates. A real loser.

Best car in its class
By katong

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I got the 745 brochure last year and started to compare it against s430/500. When the 7 arrived, my wife and I spent countless hours test driving the 2 cars. She was an MB fanatic turned 745 convert. I suggest test driving the 2 cars on the same day (at least 3 times) and you will definitely vote for the 7 everytime. Glad we settled for the new 7.

- New technology (I really don't understand the reported flaws because I don't have any). - Performance (a well kept tradition for BMWs). - Imposing look.

DVD changer, TV at the back - just like the euro model. This combination will blow my kids away, while I enjoy blowing my 7 into the wind.

owner