2002 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
the opposite of an S-Class
By alaia on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I Love the cars except this I-drive which is so complicated to understand. The dealer gave me a 45 minutes courses on own to use this system In one word; if you love gadgets and gizmos

Impressive but still a ways to go!
By talentwave on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I'm having problems with the software, mostly. The Nav. system came written in German, I lose my settings frequently, the passanger door locked up on me with no way to open it, the trunk locked up on me with the e-mechanics failing, the comfort seats have some intrinsic glitches such as the headrest goes up if you move the seat forward or back, so it's mostly the added features and the computer's software that need improvement. The Nav is archaic compared to the rest of the car. Let's get DVD soon, OK?

Owned it for 12 days
By Big Daddy on 03/16/02 11:21 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am so relieved that I am not the only one disappointed in the purchase of this car! I love the styling and performance but it is way over engineered and difficult for a non-owner (read: valet, car wash, friends) to drive. The first tip off should have been the 90 minute "instructional" video that comes with the car. I traded it after 12 days for an '02 MB S-500.

Growing Pains but great car
By Bill Miller on 03/11/02 11:51 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've had some recalls on my new Seven butI expected that with a new body style. I love to get the latest and greatest cars and this one fit the bill. I am use to problems with new body styles and the growing pains relating to that. Overall the 7 is to date the most advanced car I have owned and the looks have really grown on me. It was a hard choice between the performance of the M5 and the luxury and room of this new 7. I think I made the right choice.

best 7 yet
By Zcaer on 03/11/02 11:43 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Owned 3 sevens. This is the best yet. Power is a wonderful thing.

no excuses for Nav system
By Disappointed on 03/10/02 22:02 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

There is just no excuse for a CD based nav system so many of the less expensive Japanese cars have gone DVD based. They are using the same Nav system as from the 2001 model, which requires loads of clicks to do anything, is not ergonimic, and is not touch-screen. (The nav in my wife's Acura MDX by comparison is a star.) And, after speaking to BMW USA in NJ, they will not provide an upgrade path. Too bad....

Great car to move step into the future!!
By ACP on 03/10/02 00:10 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great ride, quick acceleration, good handling. Not a car for the faint hearted, or computer illiteres.

Awesome
By John Smith on 03/09/02 21:54 PM (PST)

very cool

Great car
By allawi on 03/08/02 00:29 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

great car (the best i have seen so far

bad deal
By ronn on 03/07/02 17:01 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Purchasing this car was one of my bigest mistake