2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
BMW745li won't go in gear after its driven
By karace07 on 08/17/13 21:54 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have a BMW 745li that the transmission was replaced at 20000. If I drive it now and turn the car off it may not go in gear for at least an hour. It will start but not move. BMW dealership could not tell me the problem. The car is still under 100000 but no longer under warranty because of the year. I would like to know if anyone else has this problem. Any repair suggestions?

Bad Investment
By omg on 09/24/09 12:57 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

BMW should be sued for selling this over price car. The labor and the maintenace is ridiculous. The peep hole problem is a joke. I HATE THI CAR. IF I COULD GET RID OF IT...I WOULD

Boss Car
By BMWMan on 08/06/08 10:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

If you don't own one get one. The 2002 745Li is the best BMW that BMW has built. Technology is great but get the computer reprogrammed while still under warranty. This car is better built than the new ones. It turns heads like you would not believe and is one cool machine to drive.

Great Car
By Tom M on 03/09/06 23:48 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I expected to be driving a 2001 S600 or maybe a Lexus two months ago. But after test drives I found nothing comes close to the 745Li in comfort (luxury seat pkg w/ massage), and sheer pleasure to drive. The car does everything I ask of it. The iDrive is not as intuitive as it could be but there is often more than one way to do something eg change radio stations/CD to radio by voice, a/c by dash buttons, etc. Once I got a couple of free hours to read the manual w/o the usual kid and other distractions it was fairly easy. The 6yr/100k mile warranty was appealing as well. I do wonder why BMW discontinued the infinitely variable intake manifold in the 2006 745s.

GERMANS GONE WRONG
By GENGHIS on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

IDRIVE IS IMPOSSIBLE. NEEDS REPROGRAMMING EVERY FEW MONTHS AND THEN VERY DIFFICULT TO OPERATE. INTERIOR TRIM IS CHEAP PAINTED PLASTIC AND PAINT CONTINUALLY PEELS OFF. HAVE USED TWO DEALERS TO SERVICE AND BOTH ARE WELL BELOW PAR FOR LUXURY DEALER. HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN NEW 2004 JAG VANDEN PLAS AND LOVE IT. NO COMPARISON!!!

Awsome Drive
By Shahid Hashmi on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The drive is best of all the cars I have owned and I have owned MB, Infinity Q45 and Accura Legend. No other car on this planet can compare to the fun driving this car. After this car I dont want to drive my MB 420E as it is so primitivr to & series.

After 8 years of Lexus LS400-430's
By arby on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Likes and dislikes in order: It is good looking. It turns heads like you can't believe. It steers like it is on rails. The I-drive is easy if you give it a chance. It is just a learning curve you have to get through. It is safe and efficient. It is extremely cold natured. The I drive is great...if it hangs up here and there go get the latest software update. I don't like the seats..period. I would like to up shift manually.

Best BMW 7 Series
By HB on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 740IL and went to the s class while waiting for the 745 series.(Kept it 6 months and sold it ) I am on my third one. The latest is the li. I have purchased the XKR, SC 430 as well.There are no words to describe the 745. It is by far the best auto I have ever owned. Once you learn the systems you will love them. What a ride!!!

HOW DO YOU SPELL "LEMON"?
By cpablum on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

DON'T BUY THIS CAR! THERE'S A VIBRATION IN THE STEERING WHEEL THAT CAN'T BE FIXED, MORE ELECTRONIC GREMILINS AND FAILURES THAN I HAVE SPACE TO MENTION. BMWNA IS PLAYING HARDBALL AND WON'T REPLACE THE CAR, BECAUSE THEY KNOW A REPLACEMENT WILL BE NO BETTER!

Even better...
By Noel on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love at first sight. Love it even more after a month. The ride, performance, features and look are just what I want. Only one complaint: the cell phone choice is bad. Ancient Motorola and no GSM carrier. No reason to not have universal adaptor and any carrier, phone or plan.