Very Good Car
By Bimmer on
2001 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)
Purchased new when I traded my '93 740iL. '93 had better interior and build quality but needed engine replaced at 110k. Both cars very comfortable, powerful and attractive. Have had to replace radiator, expansion tank and water pump as well as front end work. Great integrated phone and (older CD type) nav, all voice activated too! Phone/radio controls on steering very handy. Will never buy car without those features again. I find the nav system easy to use but all require some time to learn. Wish CD player was not in trunk. It is quiet at highway speeds and has a huge trunk. So far I have had nearly 80k of great driving. Hope next car will work as well.
Favorite Features
Voice activated phone and navigation both work great. Responds quickly and quietly for passing and merging. Corners nicely and is very comfortable for driver and passengers. Good looking car.
Suggested Improvements
On the '01: CD player is in trunk, wood trim shows little grain and looks plasticky, floor mats use velcro and are not as secure as pins. Preferred the black headliner on previous version to the grey. Paint can wear off plastic buttons which are used often. Bring back useful bumpers to all cars!!