U gotta get one to understand
By Oregon 7 on
2001 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)
This is my second 7 series. Last one was '00 iL. I now have '01 "i" sport in silver. Awesome car that has short comings like expensive repairs and some reliability problems but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I disagree with some of the posts here. If you pay $300/ tire, you are getting ripped off and oil changes don't cost $200. Matter of fact, I have coupon from dealer for $51 with synthetic oil. Ride is rough but it's the sport package and I love it. Keep in mind these cars orginally cost 70K plus, and this particular body style is no longer made so make sure you inspect them really well. Look for bad instrument pixels, Power Steering leaks, radiator fan replacement. Great cars though.
Favorite Features
The look of the car w/ 18" wheels and Mparallel rims is timeless. Has plenty of power, 282HP does not seem like much, but I tell people that BMW horsepower is different... I think they understate it. Seats are really comfortable too.
Suggested Improvements
Better radio (it has 14 speakers they say)-it's very bad with no bass. Better Nav with DVD. Better cupholders. Headlights don't turn off when you remove key. CD player in dash. Better reliability cause this is wonderful car.