Too many repairs
By Deborah n Steve on
2001 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)
This is an elegant and wonderful to drive vehicle. Too bad the constant repairs costing thousands of dollars make it impossible to recommend. The car wont start so Im having it towed. The hood wont open, trunk opening is broken, glove box wont open, 3/4 windows don't open, nav computer is kaput, and this is only the latest repairs needed. The warranty is up so I'm guessing the repairs from todays tow to the dealer will be between $1k and $5k depending on if the nav/radio system need full replacement. The cup holders are terrible, the stereo has very poor sound relative to new Camry and others. I just wish I could talk my wife into another brand. Maybe after this expense she will consider it.
Favorite Features
Body style and handling are excellent. Tons of power, maybe too much with today's gas prices. Who needs a gas guzzler with gas at $4 a gallon here?
Suggested Improvements
With payment, gas and insurance we pay well over $1k a month for this car we bought used. Tune ups and repairs are ridiculously expensinve and something new breaks once a month. Do not buy unless you have money to burn.