2001 BMW 7 Series Consumer Review: Lucky

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

Lucky
By Mike on

2001 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Well I have had a lot of great cars, Lexus, Mercedes this is my 5th BMW first 7 series. I had 3 3 series and 1 528 All very nice and great cars in their own right. But by far this is the best car I have ever owned. I never kept a car more than 3 or 4 years. I have now had my 7 for 9 years. 205K and still running strong. Same feel as the day I bought it. I did replace the alternator and the radiator. Also had the trans rebuilt. But with two kids in college and this economy 100K for a new one is a bit on the back burner. I would buy this car again in a heartbeat. My 13 year old son and I were on a trip recently and he said to me Dad this car is great. Well he did grow up in it!

The Drive! All BMW BIG and Powerful and Fun. I can really think of too many larger luxury Cars that you can say that about. I test Drove the Mercedes S series before I purchased this car. Oh heated steering Wheel. I don't think I can buy a new car without that feature. I don't think the 2011 has it!

Like all reviews. Cup holders are no good. Other than that I can't think of anything else. I know folks complain about the price for repairs. But guys the car stickered at 77K in 2001.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review