2001 BMW 7 Series Consumer Review: Best car I have ever had

2001 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Review

740i Sedan (4.4L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Best car I have ever had
By Happy 749iL Owner on

2001 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I had owned a 1998 740iL for 8 years and absolutely loved it. When it became apparent that it would not pass inspection this coming year due to rust I decided to look for a new car. After looking at many new cars, even visiting the Detroit Auto show I decided to buy a 2001 740iL. This car handles so well, it is an absolute dream to drive. It makes all other cars feel awful to drive after driving the 740. The power is amazing as well and gets better fuel millage than most cars its size and many smaller. Simply put it is an amazing buy for luxury power and great looks.

Heated steering wheel/seats, power, handling. A very conveniently placed oil filter. I can fit a 10ft board in the car without sticking it through the window via the ski package. Looks better than any car built in the last 15 years.

The cup holders front and back are useless. The rear seat foot rest get jammed under the front seats. Else it is a perfect car.