2001 BMW 7 Series Consumer Review: 750iL WOW

2001 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Review

2001 BMW 7 Series

740i Sedan (4.4L V8 5-speed Automatic)

750iL WOW
By idcraig on

2001 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

There is not a finner car on the planet I have owned MB S series (close) BMW 740iL very nice Volvos, Cadillacs, Infinitys and the list goes on my 2001 750iL has it all Fun, comfort, power (WOW) I live in the snow belt and I drive my 750 all year without snow tires. You cant own a better car I swear.

all

you cant

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By solarus
on 08/10/12 10:50 AM (PDT)

I would like to comment on your review due to a few things that should be clarified. 1) Fuel Economy is anything but 5 stars. This car requires 93 Premium unleaded fuel, and your average fuel economy is 15 city and 23 highway. By today's fuel economy standards, this car is a serious gas hog. 2) Except for 1996 production year, this vehicle has been reported to have problems with various engine components resulting in poor performance and fuel economy. I would not rate this vehicle at 5-star reliability rating. You may have lucked out, but popular opinion shows high repair bills over time. 3) In comparison to the Z-series and M-series BMWs, this car's fun rating is mediocre at best (yes, I've owned all those). This model is very comparable to Jaguar Vanden Plas, especially comfort-wise. Performance wise, due to its 4,600 lbs weight and lack of sport suspension, this vehicle does not come close to lower class BMW's with sport packages. This is definitely one of the best flagship sedans ever made by BMW, but I would personally rate it as a "sophisticated, comfortable and fairly reliable (and expensive maintenance-wise) status symbol".