Used 2001 BMW 7 Series 750iL Protection Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

CAR OF MY DREAMS, that can also keep me awake at night
By dagmare38

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750iL Protection 4dr Sedan (5.4L 12cyl 5A)

Great car. LOOKS to kill, handling to kill. The growl of the v12 coming to life on a 0 degree winter east coast morning is toxic....I love the car. I have had my 750 since August of 2014...Gas mileage is not bad and is actually better than my previous SL500 Mercedes! The stance of the car makes you stare at it, especially with the fatter wheel in the rear. Plenty of room. Everyone loves if I am driving and always wants to ride in the back.... Love the double paned glass with protection package

Heated Steering wheel and the heated seats these winter morning are GREAT. The engine is just sublime. Handles as good as my old sl500 and I know you think I am crazy, yes it will belly its weight but you have to really be pushing this car to show signs of stress...Otherwise it is two steps ahead of you!

Radiator was replaced in August of 2014, and again January 2015. Heating and cooling system is by far my least liked feature. BMW really cut corners in this area.....Road noise can be a bit much!!! from the 18 inch wheels

750iL WOW
By idcraig

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750iL Protection 4dr Sedan (5.4L 12cyl 5A)

There is not a finner car on the planet I have owned MB S series (close) BMW 740iL very nice Volvos, Cadillacs, Infinitys and the list goes on my 2001 750iL has it all Fun, comfort, power (WOW) I live in the snow belt and I drive my 750 all year without snow tires. You cant own a better car I swear.

all

you cant

The Best & the Last?
By Clint

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750iL Protection 4dr Sedan (5.4L 12cyl 5A)

My 4th blk/blk 750il sport is the best one yet and am now frustrated by mixed reviews of '02 up 7 series including the change in body style.. where does one go from here? Where else can one find the luxury, prestige, power and fuel efficiency in superb style?

Power w/great gas mileage, comfort, awesome handling & luxury features.