2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
The Ultimate Driving Machine
By S. Busby on 08/03/09 19:43 PM (PDT)

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL Protection 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is an awesome ride. Its quick and responsive and fun to drive. The stereo system is great to me, I feel like I'm in concert. It has an amphitheater feel. I'm glad it has the hidden cassette player because I still have some classics on cassette. I had to get used to the cd player being in the trunk.The navi system is well 01 so it won't be like the newer cars, but it works unless you go way out then it will just slap a map on the screen for you with no vocal instruction...good luck! All in all my dream car is just that a joy and a dream to drive. Yes BMW can mean Bring Money With you but if you get a trained mechanic you will do fine.

740il review
By hornbeck1 on 01/06/05 20:29 PM (PST)

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL Protection 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought the car about a week ago. The car is awsome. It has features I never knew existed on an automobile. The last car I bought was an Acura Legend. Great car, but the BMW is head and shoulders above my Acura. The fit and finish is a 10. It drives like a sports car, not at all like a big car. It is extremely responsive. It feels like the car has a lot bigger engine than a mere 4.4 L and 282 horsepower. The rear passengers go in style as well -- heated seats, separate heater outlets, ski pass through, on-board navigation, you name it. I'm a happy guy!