Used 2001 BMW 7 Series 740iL Protection Sedan Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By S. Busby

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL Protection 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is an awesome ride. Its quick and responsive and fun to drive. The stereo system is great to me, I feel like I'm in concert. It has an amphitheater feel. I'm glad it has the hidden cassette player because I still have some classics on cassette. I had to get used to the cd player being in the trunk.The navi system is well 01 so it won't be like the newer cars, but it works unless you go way out then it will just slap a map on the screen for you with no vocal instruction...good luck! All in all my dream car is just that a joy and a dream to drive. Yes BMW can mean Bring Money With you but if you get a trained mechanic you will do fine.

The ride, the stereo and the comfortable seats, and I really enjoy my sunroof at night or early in the morning.It's just a nice ride in spite of the repairs. We've had the car for 2 years and have replaced the front and rear brakes, oil service, water pump,the battery and the rear window w/warranty

You have to remember this car is older and they have addressed their flubs ie the cup holders in front and rear, and I don't know whats up with the glove compartment but sometimes it's difficult to open.The grill trim feels a little loose and the rubber molding around the windshield is cracking.

740il review
By hornbeck1

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL Protection 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought the car about a week ago. The car is awsome. It has features I never knew existed on an automobile. The last car I bought was an Acura Legend. Great car, but the BMW is head and shoulders above my Acura. The fit and finish is a 10. It drives like a sports car, not at all like a big car. It is extremely responsive. It feels like the car has a lot bigger engine than a mere 4.4 L and 282 horsepower. The rear passengers go in style as well -- heated seats, separate heater outlets, ski pass through, on-board navigation, you name it. I'm a happy guy!

Rain sensing wipers, voice navigation, mayday call button to BMW USA, lighted handles inside and out, automatic rearview mirror, articulated seats, side airbags, great styling and awsome fit and finish.

A little smaller steering wheel. That's it!