2000 BMW 7 Series Consumer Review: Update #2 Ultimate Texas Drivi

2000 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Review

740i Sedan (4.4L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Update #2 Ultimate Texas Driving Machine
By raiderwes on

2000 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

Car now has 95k miles. At 85k mi nav unit in trunk failed; replaced with used unit/upgrade ($250). At 93k car developed minor leak - valve cover gasket. Put new Mich Pilot Sport + after 30K on the Kumhos. At 94k air mass meter failed along with PCV valve; fixed valve cover gasket at same time totaling $1400. Car averages 15k mi between oil changes, though I will start doing it substantially more often now. Still the most fun car I've ever owned and can't get excited about anything else out there. Overall, I have not had that much trouble with the car. I don't see much in the way of keeping it another 25-30k miles; after that, we'll see.

The power, the ride, the handling. Comfort sport seats are better than any other car I've driven. 23 mpg highway; 15 city

Nav system totally outdated now and too expensive to maintain or upgrade. This car has the sport package, so tire wear is a downer. New Michelins are supposed to be good for 50k; we'll see.